3D stereoscopic live video from 2 webcams

hubchau
One Eyed Hopeful

3D stereoscopic live video from 2 webcams

Post by hubchau »

Hi everyone,

I'm totally new to Microsoft and NVidia 3D Vision SDKs, but my internship requires me to use it.

I'm trying to display live stereoscopic video out of two USB cameras (let's assume they're webcams) plugged on a robot, directly in the (existing) program that allows me to control it.

The team I work with bought Peter Wimmer's Stereoscopic multiplexer and player, and these tools do exactly what i'm trying to achieve. But to go further, I would like to embed the stereoscopic video inside our program (C++/Qt app), to display it in 3D using Nvidia 3D Vision technology.

I'm new to DirectShow/DirectX/Direct3D, so I was wondering if you could help me understand the basics behind such process: side-by-side USB video display and stereoscopic conversion then display.

I already looked into superlxt's topic : http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5072, and I successfully managed to display two still images with the 3D Vision activated.
Now I would like to display live videos instead of these still images.

I compiled both Micrososft SDK's examples PlayCam and AmCap, which worked quite well with one webcam and now I'm trying to display to two webcam feeds side-by-side in one window and then add the NVidia Stereo signature so my app goes 3D.

How could I do that ?

I don't mind using Microsoft Visual Studio for understanding/"probing" purposes and at this moment, there is no plan on capturing the video, just simply display it.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you in advance!

Cheers.
Hubert
giordix
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: 3D stereoscopic live video from 2 webcams

Post by giordix »

Same problem here. I get the frame from my webcams (left and right), build an image with widht*2, write the signature fro the driver but the 3D cannot be actived by the Nvidia Drivers...

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”