Problem with nVidia 191.07

InCytE
One Eyed Hopeful

Problem with nVidia 191.07

Post by InCytE »

I installed (I since uninstalled) these drivers and things are little strange. Depending on how I connect the two display pluges to my video card one of two things happen. I've rolled back the nVidia driver and all seems fine. Wondering if anyone else has had this problem.
1. I have to wear the iZ3D glasses to see the bootup. POST, BIOS, etc. Then I can see the desktop without glasses.
or
2. I can see the bootup etc without the glasses but when I get to windows I need the glasses to see the desktop.

I've played around with things: display pluges, installing unistalling iZ3D drivers, SLI disabled enabled etc.
Other info. Let me know if you need more.
CPU: i7 950 (stock speed)
System RAM: 12G (6X2G) Corsair Dominator DDR31600
GPU: 2X BFG GTX 285
iZ3D driver: V1.10RC2a

*EDIT*
Did some more installing and unistalling. Put the 191.07 drivers back on.
I got it that I could see the POST and my desktop without the glasses, but when I brought up the nVidia control panel I needed the glasses to see it. Very strange.

For now I have it set so that I can see my desktop and the nVidia control panel but to see the POST I have to put on the glasses.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Problem with nVidia 191.07

Post by Neil »

Same issues for me.

I did not have this with the 8800GTS 512, only started with the GTX 285.

Regards,
Neil
warface
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by warface »

InCytE wrote:
*EDIT*
Did some more installing and unistalling. Put the 191.07 drivers back on.
I got it that I could see the POST and my desktop without the glasses, but when I brought up the nVidia control panel I needed the glasses to see it. Very strange.

For now I have it set so that I can see my desktop and the nVidia control panel but to see the POST I have to put on the glasses.
Hi there InCyte,

I have seen this problem before, and I think there is a workaround.

Most programs actually set themselves to show themselves on a default screen. So...if your default screen is "2" and the nVidia control panel is set to show up on "1"...it will show up on iZ3D's front panel.

The usual solution to fix this is to manually drag the control panel window over to the primary panel, and next time you open it, it should open on the same panel you put it on when you closed it.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Warface
muu5
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by muu5 »

warface wrote: I have seen this problem before, and I think there is a workaround.
warface wrote: workaround.
This sentence, and particularly this word, from a company official, is music to my eyes. Even though in this case the workaround is a fairly simple procedure that doesn't require any kind of file operations.
Hopefully more people will learn from your example, warface. A proactive corporate response goes miles for customer relations.

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”