Opengl games

wuhlei
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Opengl games

Post by wuhlei »

how do you play quake2 and doom3 in S3D? and do you have to pay extra for opengl support?
Albert Einstein
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Opengl games

Post by yuriythebest »

won't be possible on iz3d since it's only for quad buffer openGL. will work on oldschool nvidia drivers and perhaps on the latest 3d vision drivers also not sure if they added it already used to be just directx also.
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

New 3D Vision drivers do not support OpenGL unless you have a Quadro (Workstation) card.

I'm also hoping to play Doom 3 in Stereo 3D eventually.
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

UndeadD3vi1 wrote:New 3D Vision drivers do not support OpenGL unless you have a Quadro (Workstation) card.

hi It's easy to softeare mod your card to make it a "fake" quadro. use google
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

It also works using the old school way (winxp,7900 and 91.31 to 162.50stereo). Unfortunately the NeurOk (IZ3D) option in the old nvidia driver doesn't work with the iz3d and opengl (directx is fine). Opengl works great with shutters and dual projector rig though. There's quite some anomalies but most of the time the games are enjoyable (or not, pick a choice...)
My personal fave has to be Prey though. Awesome game!
Last edited by Likay on Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Post by martinlandau »

Likay wrote:It also works using the old school way (winxp,7900 and 91.31 to 162.50stereo). Unfortunately the NeurOk (IZ3D) option in the old nvidia driver doesn't work with the iz3d.
Why does the iz3d driver not work with the iz3d monitor, I am confused. Can you elaborate?
The futures so bright, I gotta wear shades!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDdI_sfNop8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wuhlei

Post by wuhlei »

yuriythebest wrote:
UndeadD3vi1 wrote:New 3D Vision drivers do not support OpenGL unless you have a Quadro (Workstation) card.

hi It's easy to softeare mod your card to make it a "fake" quadro. use google
I tried the software mod it only works on the 3 pin quadro shutter unless you use the old driver or linux for dual input/3pin shutter and the software mod doesn't work in linux.

martinlandau wrote:
Likay wrote:It also works using the old school way (winxp,7900 and 91.31 to 162.50stereo). Unfortunately the NeurOk (IZ3D) option in the old nvidia driver doesn't work with the iz3d.
Why does the iz3d driver not work with the iz3d monitor, I am confused. Can you elaborate?
Hes saying IZ3D Monitor does not work with the Nvidia stereoscopic driver.
yuriythebest wrote:won't be possible on iz3d since it's only for quad buffer openGL. will work on oldschool nvidia drivers and perhaps on the latest 3d vision drivers also not sure if they added it already used to be just directx also.
All ID software games support quad buffer opengl. quake 2, 3, 4 and doom3.
vr920 supports quake4 but it looks bad and you cant adjust the settings in the game. The only way to change the settings is by editing the config and I have no idea what each setting does. lol
Last edited by wuhlei on Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Albert Einstein
martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Post by martinlandau »

Is it only the 22 inch monitor it does not work with? There are other 2lcd sandwich solutions besides just iz3d. nuvision also did modula angulo,

http://www.3dmovielist.com/3dhdtvs.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And the older iz3d monitors that were smaller. WHy did nvidia even put in a neurok option if it never worked with any iz3d or modula angulo devices? still confused.
The futures so bright, I gotta wear shades!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDdI_sfNop8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

martinlandau wrote:
I have no clue why the neurok option refuses to work with opengl and older nvidiastereo (directx works fine and had at the time excellent support). Since nvidia at the time didn't have any competitor reagrding stereo it's probably a bug. Image
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Yeah, at some point Nvidia just quietly dropped OpenGL support. Probably got a fat check from Bill Gates.
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

cybereality wrote:Yeah, at some point Nvidia just quietly dropped OpenGL support. Probably got a fat check from Bill Gates.
OpenGL got droped and Windows Vista/Seven forced for Consumer S3D users. Anyone who doesn't agree with you works for M$. :lol:

I'm getting seriously worried though, iz3D need the OpenGL support pretty urgently now because of ID Software's upcoming releases. (FYI, I expect nVidia to add OpenGL support again when these games come out!)

Edit: I'm talking about Wolfenstein
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

wuhlei

Post by wuhlei »

cybereality wrote:Yeah, at some point Nvidia just quietly dropped OpenGL support. Probably got a fat check from Bill Gates.
nvidia's new stereo drivers doesn't support opengl?
Last edited by wuhlei on Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
Albert Einstein
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Just for clarifying (edited post above as well).
The old nvidiastereodrivers do have an option for NeurOk 3d which is the same as the IZ3D.
The NeurOk option does NOT work with opengl for some reason. I think it's a bug though since dx works with the iz3d and opengl works with other viewer options, well: at least shutters and dual vga...
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

wuhlei wrote:nvidia new stereo drivers doesn't support opengl?
Nope. I was so upset too. I really wanted to see the Nvidia Dawn demo in S3D (it was "patched" if you know what I mean...).
wuhlei

Post by wuhlei »

That's strange most of the professional software is in opengl.
Last edited by wuhlei on Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
Albert Einstein
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

wuhlei wrote:That's strange most of the professional software is in opengl. So i guess nvidia doesn't have any plans to port stereo support to macs.
as far as I'm aware Nvidia 3d doesn't even support windowed apps
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Opengl is more versatile as programming language but also makes it more difficult to in an "easy" way to translate into stereoscopic content like directx. This simply because there are many if not unlimited ways to show 3d-models in opengl. On the other hand it should be quite easy to implement native stereo-3d in opengl (same for directx though).
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

Isnt there a dx opengl wrapper that might work?
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Those i tried only worked to some degree with the small programs that came with the wrappers. Still no go for something as complex as prey, doom3 or quake. This was quite some time ago and i don't know if the situation has changed.
rajkosto
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by rajkosto »

the new wolfenstein is d3d, people
gravity360
Cross Eyed!

Post by gravity360 »

I've got to put this out there. Those people that are looking to do Quadbuffering, try googling 'softmod "your card" to "quad buffer card"

For instance, a 8800 GTS can be softmodded to run as a quadro4800 i believe. You can also do this with ATI cards. For instance, you can softmod the drivers EID so that a 3870 is actually picked up as a FireGL card.

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”