Oblivion Sky Issue - Help

rmcclelland
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Oblivion Sky Issue - Help

Post by rmcclelland »

Well, I almost have Oblivion perfect. Good separation and convergence, good performance with HDR and full graphic beauty. Left shift so my aim is dead on (I use high separation but have a dominant right eye. fDlgFocus=4 so zooming on faces works well. Iz3D driver 1.09 and Radeaon HD 4770. BUT, the clouds/sky are at the wrong distance. Anyone know a fix? Anything else I should change in Oblivion? There is a little ghosting on my Samsung 3D DLP, but not too bad.

Thanks,
Ryan
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Oblivion Sky Issue - Help

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

Edit: What driver are you using? People are saying Oblivion is fine via Old or New nVidia Driver.

Any luck with this? I'm planning to play-through Oblivion again at the end of this year once I get a suitable 3D monitor. (Stuck on GeForce FX 5200 for 3D atm)

Have you tried Fallout 3? Its the same engine so I'm wondering if that does this as well.
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

staplerd
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by staplerd »

UndeadD3vi1,

I tried Fallout 3 with the old drivers and other than performance and a bit of fiddling worked quite nicely in 3d.

rmcclelland,

Oblivion sky issue - i found a fix for that on some Russian website a few years ago and I recently dug through my file archives looking for it... no go, sorry. My most recent rebuild left me without the fix as well. If anyone has it let us know the fix. I haven't tried my IZ3D with Oblivion ...yet (just bought it)... but this was the case with Old mod 182.5 driver and 169.50 3D S Nvidia.

Cheers.
falcon96
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by falcon96 »

Hi rmcclelland
I found a link where you can download the sky&waterfix for Oblivion
http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=24059" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cheers
Windows XP 32-bit
Mb: Nfoforce 6800i SLI , 3 GB
CPU: E6850 3.0 Ghz
GPU: Geforce XFX GTX 280 1 gb
IZ3D-monitor with 1.10RC1 drivers
Optional: Geforce 7950GT with E-dimglasses and Acer PD523 Projector
staplerd
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by staplerd »

Thanks Falcon96, the last time I checked TES they didnt have it (but that was a while ago).
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by iondrive »

Hi rmcclelland,

I see that the above solution is for nvidia drivers. If you want to work on a iZ3D driver solution, read on.

I don't really have the solution, but I can only point you in the right direction if you're a tech-head. See my post about fixing the "bad sky depth" issue in general here:

http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p ... 793#p39793" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You might want to skip to the third post. Basically you need to find some CRCs for sky textures and then put them in a "Multiplier" section in your game profile. It seems pretty complicated. Sorry I can't help more.

--- iondrive ---
alairauston
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by alairauston »

I have tried looking for answers and found some people with almost similar problems, but I can't seem to find a clear answer to my problem.I should upload this fix to MTBS with an explanation. There is an MTBS File Exchange section, and we can upload gallery screen shots too.
artox
Cross Eyed!

Post by artox »

The solution kindly provided by falcon is working great. I do have to advise, however, that you use OBMM to load it.

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”