The iZ3D Driver + Shutter Glasses Thread

Doom Lord
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Doom Lord »

I was thinking:

Rewire the ED Glasses so that they connect to the serial port.

Capture the output from the "Marked Shutter Output" with software.

software sends signal though serial port to glasses bassed on the marker.

By doing this you are synced with L\R output.

Is this possible?
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

I hope ATI may help, but not sure about tomorrow

sync in our case mean that the moment when frame is ready it has to be taken by 3D device - to do this we need to interrupt rendering process for next frame and send Present() signal to GPU - we don't know the way how to do it yet
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

BlackQ wrote:I hope ATI may help, but not sure about tomorrow

sync in our case mean that the moment when frame is ready it has to be taken by 3D device - to do this we need to interrupt rendering process for next frame and send Present() signal to GPU - we don't know the way how to do it yet
So it will need it's time since ATI provieds stuff and you can program it correctly. Do you have an Idea with what time to calculate?
- Wait a month
- Wait till x-mas
- wait for Nvidia to release Shutters and buy their glasses :evil:

- wait until the day after tomorrow (joking)

May you find the answers quick...
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

I'd be happy to have an idea, but technological relationship development is slower than marketing. Even more, existing thread structure may prevent to do this without access to driver source code ....
Somian
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Somian »

Hi, I just tried the 1.09 driver, but it doesn't ork, all DX9/DX8 games don't start anymore.

I have a 8800GTX ith the 178.13 Driver. hat can i do to make ot ork?
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, Somian!

Do you have dynamic test work now? What is your system specs?
Somian
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Somian »

whats the dynamic test?

and my system: C2DuoE6600, GF8800GTX, 2GB RAM, Windows XP 32
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

go to Help section in Control Center of iZ3D driver - you will see iZ3D logo there - click on it - rotating iZ3D logo has to appear
anotherFrench
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: The iZ3D Driver + Shutter Glasses Thread

Post by anotherFrench »

hi all, I have been trying to read all this but I must say I don't understand much of it.
I don't know anything about those technical issues and as you can read I don't know much more about speaking or writing in english :P
still I would like to discribe how it works for me (well it doesn't but almust :mrgreen: )
like many users, I use (or at list I try) edim glasses on nvidia gpu, a 8800gts 512, with IZ3D 1.9 but instead of using the edim controller, I use the R3DCTL from razor:
http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/razor3d/R3DCTL.exe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I tryed both, this 1 that I used for a long time with stereoscopic player and the edim controller and I must say that it works about the same but the razor3D seem much more stable on my system, even if it have the same probleme loosing the RL-RL sequence (less frequently I think but it's hard to say), the R3D seems to be lighter and run smoothly.

also I was wondering about the "software pageflipping" from stereoscopic player, as I said before I have been using it for a long time with R3DCTL to watch videos and it seems to work perfectly so maybe the creator of stereoscopic player have found some solutions to make it work that could be of interest for the IZ3D devs?
again I want to say I know nothing about all this but I tought it was worth mentioning it ...
http://tls3d.fr le site de Toute La Stéréo 3D
Canilash
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Canilash »

I have managed to make my shutter glasses work with the dynamic test and not-so-demanding games using activators and the basic ShutterGlasses mode of the IZ3D 1.09 driver. It seems the activator makes the dongle use the sync signal to flip eyes. The frames-per-second needs to be stable and half that of the monitor refresh rate. Doing this, I managed to play a bit of Call of Duty 4 and Devil May Cry 4 in stereo 3D. Devil May Cry is excellent since its frame speed is very stable even at high quality. My glasses often lost sync in certain scenes of Call of Duty 4. Since the activator hot-keys don't work in games, resync was sometimes impossible.
The stereo 3D effect was awesome, but I need to use an old CRT monitor. The CRT hurts my eyes and takes too much space. I tried the glasses with LCD monitors and TVs, but the ghosting was horrible and some LCDs were polarized the opposite of the glasses, making their screen black.

I'm currently trying to make an adapter for my glasses, with a small driver that catches the blue-line signal. I've found a way to catch the signal, but I still don't know if it's fast enough to keep sync with a game. Since I'm using Visual C++, and my computer has no parallel port, I still have no idea what physical interface I will use.

IZ3D, would it be possible to have an overlay displaying "L" and "R" in a corner of the screen, for easy sync?

I think the best way to use shutter glasses is with marked frames. If someone were to make an USB adapter for popular glasses, that worked with the IZ3D driver, I would certainly buy one.
anotherFrench

Post by anotherFrench »

darn, just went on the edim site and understand my mistake in previous post, didn't know they had that controller (the same as the r3dCTL) too so I tought you guys when mentioning the edim controller were refering to the 1 on the cd. :oops:
anyway, I did try the drivers in interlaced mode in the drivers configuration/interleaved mode in the controller with my shutters and it seems to work well with recent games.
succesfully tested so far:
left 4 dead
kane & lynch
space siege
trackmania
Mass Effect
tomb raider Underworld (works but lots of bugs)
just 1 question, I get great dept in those games, really beautyfull actually but can't get any pop-up effects, am I doing something wrong (again) :roll:
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

I've run underworld and if you use separation 420 and convergence -0.01 you should have popout (things coming out of your screen sometimes (try diving through the seagrass in the medsea). How much popout you have depends on your stereosettings and some games aren't really suitable for popout. Mostly it looks good if things are rendered behind screen depth though. 3'rd person games suits best if the main character is on screen depth and everything else in front of behind.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
anotherFrench

Post by anotherFrench »

thanks for the answers Likay, I will try that later on tonight, also I started to read this http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1111" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but it seems incomplete and I'm not sure it's right about the separation settings and depth so I will read further on and try it out too.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

The best is trying to tinker with separation and convergence and see what happens. If you have an "unmatching" combo then the eyes get's tired quickly (eyestrain). In that case try to adjust the convergence to a comfortable level. If you can't then reduce separation a bit. When you're used to adjusting stereosettings it only takes a few seconds to find your desired setting even if you start from scratch. :D
anotherFrench

Post by anotherFrench »

well I have tryed those setting you recommand in TR underworld, great, it's even better 3D and less eyestrain than what I had before, I'm impressed thanks :D
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Glad to help! :D

By the way! Anotherfrench: You say trackmania works! Is it the free "trackmania nations forever" you're playing? Are you able to play trackmania online (not only connecting to network) by joining a server for play? I always get instant crashes to desktop using other modes than anaglyph and iz3d modes. Makes me wonder if this might be an error specific to my system. I'm running WinXPSP2 with an 8800GTX. I've tried different forcewares without success.
anotherFrench

Post by anotherFrench »

yes it's "trackmania nations forever ver 2.11.11" but I just tryed it on a few "solo tracks" I'll try an online game to see how it works but I've heard that some game you can't play in 3d online as it is wrongly seen as cheating by some filters, maybe that's a issue with this game?

[edit] ok, just tryed to play online and it doesn't work, it returns to desktop :? [edit]

ps: OUCH, actually I get that "back to desktop" even when I try to launch online game in 2d :shock:, I guess I have an issue with this game
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Deactivate the iz3d driver (works for me) and try again. Or: Try setting the output mode in the iz3d driver to anaglyph (anaglyph and iz3d mode works for me online) and try again. Just curious but it seems like we have the same issue.
anotherFrench

Post by anotherFrench »

I reinstalled the game with update to v 2.11.19 but it still doesn't work, now it simply won't connect at all and I get a msg "could not connect, already connected" when I start the game so I tryed to create a new account and it works like before, 3d ok in solo game but back to desktop when trying to play online.
I posted the question on the french forum of trackmania, maybe they'll find an answer.

I will try anaglyph mode in iz3D drivers and also to deactivate them...

....ok, I tryed to deactivate de 3D and it works, so I connected to some online game, press the (windows button on my keyboard between left ctrl and alt), reactivate the 3d in iz3D panel, back to the game. it works but still not in 3d nothing happens when I hit the maj+ or maj- keys :|

I guess they must have some kind of filter against cheats that blocks those kind of functionalities :cry:

.... anaglyph mode from iz3d gives a very slow result on my machine, something like 2fph (frames per hour)
anotherFrench

Post by anotherFrench »

about the troubles with trackmania, I tryed another online game "fly for fun" and get a somewhat similar problem, no crash to desktop this time but the server detect me as cheater as soon as I connect with IZ3D on.
not sure it's the same probleme but the fact that I can play trackmania in solo mode make me think it could be.
anotherFrench

Post by anotherFrench »

yeah!! trackmania is working :)
just set the iz3D drivers to "disable stereo", and the ED controller to interleaved.
start trackmania but before playing, go to the configuration/ advanced/ compatibility and select "advanced stereosopy", save the new config and start the game.
when in the game, start a race, hit the escape key, then in the 3d glasses settings, look on the right of the screen, you should see the mode selection set to anaglyph, set it to lineEven/odd, then click on "enable"
this is working online :)
have fun :wink:
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

I'm also running trackmania without the iz3d drivers but i'm using another way: Since i have two projectors i set my desktop to horisontal stretched in the nvidiadriver and advanced stereoscopy in trackmania, left/right option. But since all the hud elemenets seems to be rendered in mono (which means it's splitted up between the two projectors) it gives me great problems to see my and other stats. It's fully playable though.
Time to start up the mtbs3d trackmania server again? :P
Otherwise, add Likay as friend and we'll play online when time gives. :D
anotherFrench

Post by anotherFrench »

I'll had you soon, I can't say that I still play very often, latelly I'm more busy to try all my old games with IZ3D drivers but trackmania is still 1 of my fav so I'll be back soon.
vanmanu
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

I'm running through Assassins creed for the moment. Love the game to very last part of it. Also an occasional tm-fan but as you i get back to it every now and then. Cya! :D
tenow
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tenow »

Any progress now with simple page-flip on framerates lower than refresh rate?
3DGUY
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3DGUY »

Any chance i could get my old Elsa Revelators working on a ATi card with this, or is it still no go at the moment ?.
3DGUY
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3DGUY »

I know in the past on stereo3d website they had plans for a dongle to drive the elsa revelators, so as long as you got the game going in page flip it would work correctly.
http://www.stereo3d.com/3dhome.htm
Problem is now the plans are long gone it seems, anyone got any ideas on how to make such a thing as i would really like to get my old revelators working again.

Also anyone have the old plans ?

Thanks
snarfbot
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by snarfbot »

it probably worked similarly to the stereoenabler that the crystaleye people make.

its a dongle that reads the blue line code i think, probably a few other methods of sync as well.
snarfbot
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by snarfbot »

ps anyone get cod 4 running with this setup?

i got the anothereyes glasses and the iz3d installed correctly, it works great in interlaced mode in left 4 dead for instance, but i cant manage to make it work with cod.

i get the message "cant load output dll"

it works fine in anagylph btw
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

Somethings wrong with your install, did you do a full iz3D install the last time you updated it? If not maybe its trying to load a old version of one of the files.

iz3D at present requires 120hz for those shutter glasses that do work (Interleaved?), and when I tested the latest Beta drivers, Page Flipping didn't work. (If it did I'd write my own wrapper over the iz3d wrapper....)

GTA IV did however work, but was unplayable due to low framerates. I mention this because nVidia's Driver is almost exactly the same frame rate asd non S3D. Conclude what you will from that.

To send the signal to the glasses in Page Flipping the Driver needs to send a signal at the correct time via the Display Data Channel, normally these pins on the VGA/DVI cable are used exclusivly for EDID but all Page Flipping Glasses I'm aware of use this method. At present iz3D do not have a method of sending the signal to the shutter glasses.

As for those who have alternativer Shutter methods, and need 120fps all I have to say is this:
The Shutters are controlled by the iz3D driver, which needs a seperate thread which is event driven by a timer to send signal.... Previous L/R caching required in case next L/R frames not rendered. As long as you have 15fps per eye will work fine...
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

snarfbot
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by snarfbot »

ya its a full install, i installed both call of duty and the iz3d driver within the last couple of days, like i said all other games seem to work fine in interlaced mode, left 4 dead, bioshock, dead space etc.
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by iondrive »

Hi all,

Back on page 7, Stepsbarto and Tril discuss a hardware solution which uses the dual output 3d driver to generate a single shutterglass output. I think this idea was discarded too soon so if you want to discuss it, go to the "Dual out to single shutterglass signal conversion" thread in the "Do It Yourself" section of the "S3D @ Home" section:

http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=4159" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I guess this could be called a passive to active converter.

You might want to skip the descriptions of versions 1 and 2 if you already understand the concept. If the signals are in sync, then you shouldn't need framebuffers so I think this is a doable project.

--- iondrive ---
vikti
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vikti »

Hi,

I am out of the s3d scene for a while now. I plan to change my set up for a :
- Macbookpro
- 9600gt
- windows seven on bootcamp
- my old DLP projector
- my old Edimensional shutter glasses

I don't see so much posts on windows seven and s3d. Do you guys think this setup could work with IZ3D drivers ?

Regards,
chilledsanity
Cross Eyed!

Post by chilledsanity »

Hey I'm confused. Is there any shutter glasses solution that works reliably with the iz3d drivers? Preferably something compatible with 120Hz LCD monitors?
Okta

Post by Okta »

http://forum.iz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=1873" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There are certain corporate limitation I have to discuss this issue, but what I can say is that news about AI users shutter support will come very soon Wink Sorry about limitation to share more information atm
I gather Iz3d plan to have page flipping support on ATI cards soonish.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
Rakku
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Rakku »

I'm using an ATI 3870 graphics card, Windows 7 64-bit and the iz3d driver with a 19 inch crt and having a miserable time making it work. I don't seem to be alone with this problem.

I'm using E-dmensional shutter glasses that I originally purchased for use with an Nvidia 7800. They haven't been used since I 'upgraded' to an ati card, and now I've dug them out of the cupboard to try them with Avatar/iz3d.

The 'test' image on the drivers appears as it would in stereo, but the glasses won't sync (they sometimes try for about 1/2 second at a time and I briefly saw the 3d effect). I'm sure the glasses are working properly, and this is a problem with the sync over a vga connection as I've seen other examples of similar problems on this forum.

Is there any thread/website where you can register interest for when this issue is fixed?

Cheers;

Graeme
Okta

Post by Okta »

Rakku wrote:I'm using an ATI 3870 graphics card, Windows 7 64-bit and the iz3d driver with a 19 inch crt and having a miserable time making it work. I don't seem to be alone with this problem.

I'm using E-dmensional shutter glasses that I originally purchased for use with an Nvidia 7800. They haven't been used since I 'upgraded' to an ati card, and now I've dug them out of the cupboard to try them with Avatar/iz3d.

The 'test' image on the drivers appears as it would in stereo, but the glasses won't sync (they sometimes try for about 1/2 second at a time and I briefly saw the 3d effect). I'm sure the glasses are working properly, and this is a problem with the sync over a vga connection as I've seen other examples of similar problems on this forum.

Is there any thread/website where you can register interest for when this issue is fixed?

Cheers;

Graeme
The iz3d beta driver generally works and keeps synch as long as you fps stays baove 60.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

You are not alone. There is a lot of people waiting for the shutters output in the iz3d. If they ever do it mtbs will be one of the first webs in telling the new for sure.
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760
Rakku
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Rakku »

crim3 wrote:You are not alone. There is a lot of people waiting for the shutters output in the iz3d. If they ever do it mtbs will be one of the first webs in telling the new for sure.
I really hope they manage it as edimensional seem to have stalled with their drivers. My pc can't manage 60 fps in stereo on newer games. I'll try the test screen in 120 hz, 60 in stereo, to see if it'll sync. My crt will only do that in 800 x 600, which seems barbaric in this day and age lol...

Thanks for the replies. :)

Graeme
MorSage
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MorSage »

1.10 has great shutter glasses support I use ATI DLP mode with Samsung SSG1000 glasses on Samsung PS50B450 result very superior to my nvidia 3d vision kit> cleare, brighter, far less convergance issues and in DLP mode supports crossfirex and SLI :shutter

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”