Deus Ex 1 Works :)

3DGUY
One Eyed Hopeful

Deus Ex 1 Works :)

Post by 3DGUY »

I have managed to get Deus Ex 1 to work using the IZ3d drivers in anaglyph mode using a updated DirectX Renderer from this guy

http://cwdohnal.home.mindspring.com/utglr/

Just pick
Direct3D8 renderer version 1.1 for Deus Ex: dxd3d8r11.zip (41 KB)

Then copy this into the Deus Ex "System" where the deus ex executable is and then when you start the game select DirectX8 renderer you have to click unsupported tab and DirectX8 should appear or if you have already been playing the game go into Deus Ex's Safe mode and select it there.

He also has updated renderer for Rune, Unreal Tournament.

Only problem i have is there anyway to set the IZ3D drivers to Red Green Anaglyph as i cant find my Red Cyan at the moment, i know Red Cyan is better but i just wondered if it could be changed.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Good find!

Wonder if there's any chance it works with other dx8 games to?

cheers
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

heh I was just thinking of whether or not I should replay deus ex 1 on the iz3d. thanks for the good news.

btw deus ex 1 is probably one of the best games I ever played, right next to half life 1. Deus ex 2 was... well.. ok but nothing special when compared to the first one.
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Post by martinlandau »

yuriythebest wrote:heh I was just thinking of whether or not I should replay deus ex 1 on the iz3d. thanks for the good news.

btw deus ex 1 is probably one of the best games I ever played, right next to half life 1. Deus ex 2 was... well.. ok but nothing special when compared to the first one.

Yuri were you able to get it to work? I have downloaded and tried the dx8 renderer and the dx9 renderer from that weblink for deus ex and can't get it to work. Using 1.09 IZ3d driver and IZ3d monitor and latest Quadro FX 3500 nvidia drivers on winxp 32bit service pack 3. I would really like to play deus ex in 3D on the IZ3D. I am wondering if perhaps when the original poster of this thread got it working he had older IZ3D driver. If anyone has an iz3d driver/graphics card driver combination that works please let me know.
Mindbleach
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Deus Ex 1 Works :)

Post by Mindbleach »

When you change drivers, you need to check make sure you're looking at the full list - if all you see is Direct3D and Software, you need to uncheck the box below. The updated drivers report as Direct3D 8 and work quite nicely.

Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat as the OP color-wise. I have red-cyan glasses, but while the cyan lens filters perfectly, I can see everything through the red lens. Part of it's just that my glasses are cheap, but the lack of any user control for the software's definition of eye colors except in a few preset options is just crappy design. Their own forums suggest that there used to be an XML file that controlled some options, but it's nowhere to be found now, and there's nothing in the registry.
wuhlei
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by wuhlei »

sucks downloads are broken =( do you still have the download?
Albert Einstein
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
snarfbot
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by snarfbot »

a quick heads up i found this site, im gonna try it later, i have no idea where that game is.

http://kentie.net/article/dxguide/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

I had no problem accessing the original site then.

http://web.archive.org/web/200801291408 ... com/utglr/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; < Archive.org is a intresting and very usefull site...

Anyways its now at http://www.cwdohnal.com/utglr/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Post by cirk2 »

Great find

got Rune and UT99 wotking with Nvidia Drivers...

Rune ist great but with 3D it even greater
Fasty
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Fasty »

Awesome, thanks for this!!
artox
Cross Eyed!

Post by artox »

Too bad we can't get Severance (Blade of Darkness) to work, it is a far better game than Rune ever was.
DevilMaster
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by DevilMaster »

FYI, Unreal 1 has an updated renderer too:
http://www.oldunreal.com/downloads.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This one uses Direct3D 9.
Guig2000
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Guig2000 »

Few years later... I tried that.
Does someone has been able to display the hud/game menu in 2D?

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”