Dishonored, now with Helix-ready stamp, Works on Iz3d

artox
Cross Eyed!

Dishonored, now with Helix-ready stamp, Works on Iz3d

Post by artox »

http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2012/10/di ... 3778515809
Download and test,
the autoscripting works with iz3d and fixes the two major problems - shadows and water reflections. I can confirm on the shadows, didn't have time to test for the reflections, but it should work.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Dishonored, now with Helix-ready stamp, Works on Iz3d

Post by Likay »

Nice find!
Did Helix make his hooks to generally work with the iz3d-driver or does it work only with dishonored?
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
eqzitara1
Cross Eyed!

Post by eqzitara1 »

Only nvidia card users. It will work with xcom too if you have nvidia card. I plan to go back and hopefully redo some of my stuff in this new format that helix made.

It MAY work with tridef too (nvidia card users)... Not sure. It doesnt really matter because who uses just tridef/iz3d that has nvidia card and not 3d vision. I guess it benefits people like likay who have dual projector set ups but tbh its very few people. Most people would rather just use 3d vision for higher fps/AA.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

It MAY work with tridef too (nvidia card users)... Not sure. It doesnt really matter because who uses just tridef/iz3d that has nvidia card and not 3d vision. I guess it benefits people like likay who have dual projector set ups but tbh its very few people. Most people would rather just use 3d vision for higher fps/AA.
Interlaced, 1080P side by side via HDMI (which Nvidia refuses to do), above/below...

I'm unaware of a serious FPS benefit. Frankly, quality trumps FPS, and while Nvidia has done some great stuff, they hardly have a monopoly in this regard.

Regards,
Neil
artox
Cross Eyed!

Post by artox »

I was sure it worked yesterday morning before I left for work, shadows looked right, with iz3d. I even tested two profiles. This was with 301 drivers, with 306 it doesn't seem to work and I am starting to doubt it ever did. It would be great if someone else tested with iz3d. The script still starts, but the problematic shaders aren't fixed with iz3d. I'm not sure why, considering that the only issue with iz3d was the changing CRCs, now with an automatic search it should theoretically work, or at least for Nvidia users, as eqzitara said.
eqzitara1
Cross Eyed!

Post by eqzitara1 »

Im not sure how this got off track. I am not argueing each format of 3D providers doesn't each have its own merits. 3D vision is probably the poorest as far as features but has the most "Highly compatible" 3d games(maybe not overall) and by a great margin users. Im saying its not worth the time. Most users have given up on those other display options due to the little support. While they may give a superior video qualitity, the amount of users who benefit are slim. I mentioned dual projectors because they dont have a choice and its impossible to use 3d vision.
I am pretty sure there are third party(hacks) to obtain 1080p 30hz hdmi. I cant speak from first hand experience though.
I know that interlaced has a hack though. A Mass Effect modder who I talk to has wrote up a tutorial here http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic ... 7#14464455

@artox
Perhaps you "stacked" 3d vision and iz3d. I couldnt imagine iz3d being able to use NVAPI code on IZ3D even with nvidia card any other way. I was really confused when you mentioned but thought it MAY be possible. But Im almost positive IF it worked it was due to a stack.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

3D vision is probably the poorest as far as features but has the most "Highly compatible" 3d games(maybe not overall) and by a great margin users. Im saying its not worth the time. Most users have given up on those other display options due to the little support. While they may give a superior video qualitity, the amount of users who benefit are slim. I mentioned dual projectors because they dont have a choice and its impossible to use 3d vision.
I too don't wish to go off topic. Remember, it were the statements "It doesnt really matter because who uses just tridef/iz3d that has nvidia card and not 3d vision." and "Most people would rather just use 3d vision for higher fps/AA." that motivated me to kick in my two cents.

I don't know what this latest batch of statements is based on. If Nvidia had the magical level of compatibility you're describing, the Helix mod would never have come into existence. I mean, why is Helix filled with AAA game titles that are supposedly more compatible on 3D Vision than anything else? If Nvidia was superior in any way, shape, or form, that mod list would be filled with no-name games. Seriously.

Where are these mysterious Nvidia gamers you speak of? The Nvidia forums have been down for months, I keep tabs on nearly every 3D gaming site out there, and I see no evidence of bursting 3D Vision crowds claiming superiority. If they can back this position up, encourage them to show comparative screenshots in our 3D gallery (a gallery that everyone can use including 3D Vision), and we'll talk. Until then, it's just talk.

Make no mistake, I keep in touch with the Nvidia guys regularly, and I have great respect for the work they continue to do. The difference is I also keep tabs on other players in the market, and it's a very competitive space. By the way, the solution that you don't think people use is HDMI 1.4...the golden standard for 3D HDTVs, and the bread and butter of Nvidia's 3DTV Play. Depending on the driver choice (with an Nvidia card), gamers can either play in 3D at 720P at 60Hz, or up to 1080P at 60Hz based on side by side format (up-scaled). That's a big choice in a big market.

Regards,
Neil
eqzitara1
Cross Eyed!

Post by eqzitara1 »

Your right, I apologize.

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”