iZ3D Media Player Classic -- settings for playing 3D video?

simplecarnival
One Eyed Hopeful

iZ3D Media Player Classic -- settings for playing 3D video?

Post by simplecarnival »

I've installed the iZ3D drivers on my laptop and have gotten Stereoscopic Player to play back stereoscopic videos on my projector via HDMI. However, I have to use Stereoscopic Player's software page flipping mode, which seems to be less than 100% reliable. At best, I get slight random flickering every 20 seconds or so... just enough to be annoying. From what I've read online, my experience with Stereoscopic Player's software page flipping is not unusual, so I'm looking for a different app for playing back videos.

I would like to try the iZ3D drivers with iZ3D Media Player Classic. Unfortunately, I cannot figure out which settings I need in Media Player Classic to view stereoscopic videos in page flipping mode.

I have 1080p and 720p videos that are encoded in a side-by-side format. All I can get in Media Player Classic is the full video image (both images) played in 2D, like if I were to play it in a 2D player. It makes no difference when I play videos in full screen mode. (In Stereoscopic Player, using page flipping mode, the player does not play the video in 3D when in windowed mode -- you need to view it in D3D full screen mode. I can't get the video in 3D at all with iZ3D Media Player Classic.)

I have clicked the side by side option. In Options->Playback->Output, things are set to...

DirectShow Video: VMR9 (Renderless)
Surface: 3D Surfaces (recommended)
Resizer: Nearest Neighbor
D3D Fullscreen: on
Alternative VSync: off
VMR9 mixer mode: on
Reinitialize when display changing: on

The original file is a .m2t file, encoded from Sony Vegas. I'm using iZ3D drivers 1.12 (4016) and Media Player Classic build number 1.6.0.0. I'm running Windows 7.

Any suggestions?
simplecarnival
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: iZ3D Media Player Classic -- settings for playing 3D vid

Post by simplecarnival »

Never mind -- I figured it out. In Stereoscopic Player, I had to go into Settings -> Advanced Options -> Troubleshooting and then make sure "Synchronize playback to video card timing" was checked. Things are running great in Stereoscopic Player now, so there's no need to mess with MPC.

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”