Emagin Z800 - VBS2 autofocus problem

arti
One Eyed Hopeful

Emagin Z800 - VBS2 autofocus problem

Post by arti »

Hello, I have three full licenses of the IZ3D driver, I use the 1.13(5443) version of the driver. Also I have a HMD Emagin Z800 3DVisor and Nvidia GeForce GT335M and I use the Shutter option.

I work in military simulation and I would like use the Emagin Z800 in 3D mode. I probe it with the Armed Assault 1 game and all is ok, perfect, in the last driver the synchronization with the shutter is ok, great job.

But in my work I want to use the VBS2 serious game (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VBS2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), that it have the same engine that Armed Assault slightly modified for military simulation.

The problem is that in VBS2 the driver is constantly adjusting the convergence in the objects of the scene, it see more clearly when I shoot the gun the objects are in and out of focus, I deactivate the autofocus option with not luck.

I probe to put in the UserProfile.xml of the VBS2 the options: <AlwaysModifyShaders Value="1" />, <AlwaysUseDefaultProjectionMatrixForVS Value="1"/>, <UseSimpleStereoProjectionMethod Value="1" />, and I had copy the same cofigurarion or the ARMA game, both not function:
<Profile Name="VBS2">
<File Name="VBS2.exe" />
<ShowWizardAtStartup Value="0" />
<SwapEyes Value="0" />
<LaserSightEnable Value="0" />
<Presets>
<Preset Index="0">
<One_div_ZPS Value="-0.006627" />
<StereoBase Value="0.160000" />
<AutoFocusEnable Value="1" />
</Preset>
<Preset Index="1">
<One_div_ZPS Value="0.100000" />
<StereoBase Value="0.140000" />
<AutoFocusEnable Value="0" />
</Preset>
<Preset Index="2">
<One_div_ZPS Value="0.100000" />
</Preset>
</Presets>
</Profile>

Also I add this in the BaseProfile.xml, but not function:
<Profile Name="VBS2">
<File Name="VBS2.exe" />
<Presets>
<Preset Index="0">
<One_div_ZPS Value="-0.032086" />
</Preset>
</Presets>
</Profile>

You can see the autofocus problem in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OuCGPQspvU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; where I capture the game in Side by Side mode for you can better see the problem, in ARMA is ok but in VBS2 no.

Is there any tip to deactivate the autofocus option or the problem of the convergence? Please help me with this problem.

Greetings ans thanks in advance.
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: Emagin Z800 - VBS2 autofocus problem

Post by WiredEarp »

Not really my area of expertise, but have you tried renaming the VBS2 executable to the same name as the Arma2 executable? That way, you'll be able to confirm the IZ3D is applying the identical profile that it does to ARMA.
arti
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by arti »

WiredEarp wrote:Not really my area of expertise, but have you tried renaming the VBS2 executable to the same name as the Arma2 executable? That way, you'll be able to confirm the IZ3D is applying the identical profile that it does to ARMA.
Hello, thanks for the response. And yes I have renamed the exe to arma.exe (vbs2 is the militar version of Armed Assalt 1) and nothing, not function.

Also I add this in the BaseProfile.xml, clone of the arma base profile, but not function:
<Profile Name="VBS2">
<File Name="VBS2.exe" />
<Presets>
<Preset Index="0">
<One_div_ZPS Value="-0.032086" />
</Preset>
</Presets>
</Profile>

I don't understand why the autofocus is enabled if I disconnect it.

Greetings
WiredEarp

Post by WiredEarp »

Looks like you've configured it correctly, so i have no ideas. Your best bet would be to ask in the iZ3D forums I think. Alternatively, see if it works fine with other drivers such as TriDef...?
arti
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by arti »

WiredEarp wrote:Looks like you've configured it correctly, so i have no ideas. Your best bet would be to ask in the iZ3D forums I think. Alternatively, see if it works fine with other drivers such as TriDef...?
Ok, thanks, but I believe that Tridef driver not function with Shutter glasses no?
WiredEarp

Post by WiredEarp »

I would have thought it would, otherwise it wouldn't be of much use to most people. However, what it supports I have no idea (only ever used iz3d and 3D Vision). However, quite a few people have said its better than IZ3D now. Perhaps someone else can shed some light on what TriDEF actually supports...
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

TriDeif does have a shutter mode. Its called "D3D Stereo".
arti
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by arti »

cybereality wrote:TriDeif does have a shutter mode. Its called "D3D Stereo".
But the eMagin Z800 3Dvisor only works in page flipping/frame sequential mode, and Tridef only works in side by side or interlaced mode
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

arti wrote: But the eMagin Z800 3Dvisor only works in page flipping/frame sequential mode, and Tridef only works in side by side or interlaced mode
Now that I am checking it, it looks like they don't support it. I was confused because they have some mode called "Direct3D Stereo (120Hz)" which sounds like page-flipping but when I tried it it was side-by-side.
WiredEarp

Post by WiredEarp »

Geez, starting to look like my eMagin BIOS upgrade was a bit of a waste of money ;-(
arti
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by arti »

WiredEarp wrote:Geez, starting to look like my eMagin BIOS upgrade was a bit of a waste of money ;-(
No no, with the IZ3D 1.13(5443) version drivers the games in general have seen very well with the Z800, without eye swap. It is the first 3d driver that funtion very well with shutters. My problem is only with the VBS2, in ArmA is fine. You can probe it.

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”