Why isnt there this feature in Iz3d

mengo
One Eyed Hopeful

Why isnt there this feature in Iz3d

Post by mengo »

i looked all around for a tutorial how to calibrate my laptop screen's colours for best performance with anaglyph 3d to find absolutely nothing aside from guys saying you have to match the glasses to the screen and so on. I tried setting up the different colour channels from the nvidia control panel but it doesn't seem to produce the wanted result with my red / cyan glasses... which work just fine, i got them for free {they arent cheap paper glasses} from a laser show in an optics museum in my town, i see no ghosting at all on quality 3d prints (in the museum) and on my friend's laptop screen [for the same youtube clip for example]

any tips on a good screen calibration software , or RGB value setting instructions for iz3d "custom colour" anaglyph

why isn't there a normal interface in the iz3d software to set your driver's red and cyan colours
you cannot just expect that every monitor is going to have perfect colour representation

an enormous OVERSIGHT that they still haven't fixed

like this ,

cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Why isnt there this feature in Iz3d

Post by cybereality »

From what I understand the amount of crosstalk when using anaglyph has more to do with the wavelength of the primary colors, not so much how they are mixed. Ideally you would be using only the red channel for one eye, and the blue/green channel for the other. The problem is how in tune the filters you use are to the monitor's wavelengths of color (or something like that). So I don't think an adjustment application like this would solve the problem.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Why isnt there this feature in Iz3d

Post by Likay »

Cybereality is right when saying that both the monitors subpixelcolors as well as the colors of the glasses are fixed. If the glasses filters poorly from beginning you can of course decrease ghosting by adjusting the colors. This will be on cost on contrast and/or colorreproduction. The best is getting a pair of different glasses that matches your monitor better.
The idea of making a better interface for adjusting the colors in the iz3d-driver is certainly not bad though. As is now you have to manually alter values in an xml-file. It works but is very timeconsuming.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”