New iz3d experimental v1.13 driver

ignatius
Two Eyed Hopeful

New iz3d experimental v1.13 driver

Post by ignatius »

I came across this post, http://forum.iz3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=29811#29811" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It mentions that this new driver can turn any 120hz monitor with almost any gpu, 3d-ready.

So i'm curious if anyone has tried it yet?

I have the ati 6870 graphics card and I want to buy this monitor, http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku= ... omoid=1097" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The BenQ XL2410T, is nvidia 3d-ready. But i dont own the nvidia vision glasses.

I do have a pair of Elsa shutter glasses with an ir emitter. With this new beta driver, will it make the benq monitor work with my ati gpu with my shutter glasses?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: New iz3d experimental v1.13 driver

Post by cybereality »

The display should technically work with the driver. The problem is getting the glasses to sync with the monitor. Right now it can only be done if you have a second computer to drive the glasses, which is a costly and cumbersome setup. IZ3D should be releasing their own 3D glasses in the coming months which will solve this issue and work on AMD or Nvidia cards.

You could also look into getting an HDMI 1.4 compatible monitor, which should work with AMD cards.
ignatius
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ignatius »

oh i see, that's interesting.

i'm really glad to hear iz3d is coming out with their own universal glasses, that's brilliant. unfortunately i can't wait a few months for them, i need a solution right now.

thanks for letting me know about looking for a hdmi 1.4 compatible monitor that could work with the amd cards. i'll go see if i can find anything and come back up some options.

i dont remember seeing many monitors, especially cheaper monitors under my price range that will have 1.4 hdmi, but...let's see what i can find.

also, in order for the monitor to be compatible with amd 3d, it has to be hdmi 1.4 + 120hz right?
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

You want an HDMI 1.4 compatible 3D display (which which may or may not be 120Hz). There are a number of models coming out in the next few months. How much are you looking to spend? Maybe I can help you look.
ignatius
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ignatius »

I only wanted to spend $300-$350 max.

I did a quick search and couldn't find any affordable ones. It seems like 1.4a hdmi monitors are only just starting to appear and there typically around $450+.

Hmm, not sure what i'm going to do. I could sell my ati card and buy an nvidia gpu + 3d vision glasses. Or, buy a bigger 3dtv that works with amd card.

Really sucks though, cause i'd really like to have a regular size pc monitor and work on my 3D content instead of having to work on a giant screen all the time.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Check out the Acer HS244HQ. Its $440, but it comes with the glasses. The monitor you linked to doesn't come with glasses, so it would actually be more expensive for the full kit (aside from the fact that it wouldn't work with AMD).
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6824009301" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Unfortunately $300 does not go far for a full 3D setup. At one time the Zalman 22" was selling for that price, but it seems they sold all the stock. These days you have to spend around $400+ to get something decent.
ignatius
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ignatius »

hey man, thanks for looking around for one, i really appreciate it. the one you sent me looks pretty good. The price aint too bad, especially since it comes with some glasses. I'm going to check out some reviews on it and see if its worth it.

I came across this since it's hdmi 1.4a - http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... 18d1a7en02" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's a Samsung UN22D5010 but its 60hz i believe. But im curious to know how i'd get 3D to work with this? Since, the tv has no port to put in the ir emitter, neither does the amd 6870 gpu. Is there another way to enable 3D using a tv that has hdmi 1.4a?
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

I don't think that Samsung is a 3D display. HDMI 1.4a has other features besides 3D, just because it can support HDMI 1.4a doesn't automatically make it 3D capable. Pretty much any 3D hdtv/monitor will prominently feature the word 3D, usually in the title of the ad. Its a big selling point. So if it doesn't list 3D in one of the first bullet-points, then its probably not supported.
ignatius
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ignatius »

You know, since theres a lot of new stuff coming out in the next month or two. I'm going to hold off buying a 3d monitor.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

ignatius wrote:You know, since theres a lot of new stuff coming out in the next month or two. I'm going to hold off buying a 3d monitor.
Probably a wise choice.
BHawthorne
Cross Eyed!

Post by BHawthorne »

cybereality wrote:The display should technically work with the driver. The problem is getting the glasses to sync with the monitor. Right now it can only be done if you have a second computer to drive the glasses, which is a costly and cumbersome setup. IZ3D should be releasing their own 3D glasses in the coming months which will solve this issue and work on AMD or Nvidia cards.

You could also look into getting an HDMI 1.4 compatible monitor, which should work with AMD cards.
I'm confused, could someone elaborate on how the use a second computer to drive the glasses works? Can it be 3D Vision kit?
S3D Multi-projector Gaming System:
Intel i7 930, EVGA E762 4-Way motherboard, NVIDIA GTX470 Tri-SLI, 3x Optoma GT720 projectors, 180-degree circular screen, NVIDIA 3D Vision Kit, NTHUSIM Plus 3.2, Windows 7 Pro 64
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

BHawthorne wrote: I'm confused, could someone elaborate on how the use a second computer to drive the glasses works? Can it be 3D Vision kit?
The iz3D driver is able to produce a proper 120Hz page-flipped signal on their experimental driver (its called IZ3D Shutter mode). However they have no way to interface with the glasses in order to sync the signal. So if you, lets say, have an AMD card and a 120Hz LCD. Right now there are not too many options. But you can get another PC (doesn't have to be high end) with an Nvidia card and the cheapest 120Hz monitor (You could even use a CRT which can do 120Hz at some low resolution). Then you run like a 3D image on the second computer, which activates the Nvidia 3D Vision glasses. Then on the main computer, you open the IZ3D driver in shutter mode. Theoretically, you would be able to use the Nvidia glasses on the other machine with the AMD card. However, there is no guarantee that the sync will be perfect (the glasses and monitor could both be at 120Hz, but with different phases), and even a millisecond or two of delay would cause some additional ghosting. But it might be worth it as a last resort.
Neil

Post by Neil »

The iz3D driver is able to produce a proper 120Hz page-flipped signal on their experimental driver (its called IZ3D Shutter mode). However they have no way to interface with the glasses in order to sync the signal. So if you, lets say, have an AMD card and a 120Hz LCD. Right now there are not too many options. But you can get another PC (doesn't have to be high end) with an Nvidia card and the cheapest 120Hz monitor (You could even use a CRT which can do 120Hz at some low resolution). Then you run like a 3D image on the second computer, which activates the Nvidia 3D Vision glasses. Then on the main computer, you open the IZ3D driver in shutter mode. Theoretically, you would be able to use the Nvidia glasses on the other machine with the AMD card. However, there is no guarantee that the sync will be perfect (the glasses and monitor could both be at 120Hz, but with different phases), and even a millisecond or two of delay would cause some additional ghosting. But it might be worth it as a last resort.
Ok...at one point does this start to sound a little crazy?

Regards,
Neil
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Neil wrote:Ok...at one point does this start to sound a little crazy?

Regards,
Neil
Indeed it does. Not really Cybers or iz3ds fault though... :lol:
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

Just imagine instructions like that coming from nvidia to use one of their products. The customers would get mad and ravage the forums.
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

I admit, its pretty ridiculous. And I'm not even sure if it would work (I did try, but I didn't have the right equipment). There is another method that is easier to do, only involving 1 computer but you need an Nvidia card. Someone already posted instructions in another thread somewhere. I will try to do it this weekend, and let you guys know if it works.
BHawthorne
Cross Eyed!

Post by BHawthorne »

The whole idea of this totally confuses me. There has to be a better way to enable it.
S3D Multi-projector Gaming System:
Intel i7 930, EVGA E762 4-Way motherboard, NVIDIA GTX470 Tri-SLI, 3x Optoma GT720 projectors, 180-degree circular screen, NVIDIA 3D Vision Kit, NTHUSIM Plus 3.2, Windows 7 Pro 64
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

There is, but I couldn't get it to work. Maybe you will have better luck:
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=198856" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

When I tried it I got 4 different views (each about a quarter size of the screen) all in random places on the monitor and switching between them for each eye. Instant headache.

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”