Findings/Questions using Panasonic P50VT20A 1.12 and iZ3D

zippo
One Eyed Hopeful

Findings/Questions using Panasonic P50VT20A 1.12 and iZ3D

Post by zippo »

Hello all, I originally posted this in the iZ3D forums, but have cut/paste here to cast a wider net.

I have a 22" iz3d monitor, and have just purchased a Panasonic P50VT20A (A=Australian specs). Have Win 7 64 , Nvidia 9800GTX+, have been using the side by side trial drivers (have to manually make the TV go into that mode) and have the following findings/questions:

All these are in side by side or as otherwise stated.

LOMAC Flaming Cliffs (1 and 2) EXCELLENT, though mouse doesn't recognise where the buttons are, a bit of click and miss. Not iZ3D's problem though.

DCS Black Shark EXCELLENT, though mouse doesn't recognise where the buttons are, a bit of click and miss

URU Live EXCELLENT

Rise Of Flight (Iron Cross) EXCELLENT. Mouse works well.

Flight Simulator X NO GO! Conflict with S3DInjector.dll in both side by side mode and anaglyph. Windows reports that FSX has stopped working (actually never started working). Worked using iZ3D monitor. Uninstall iZ3D drivers and FSX is happy.

Call of Duty 4. Anaglyph works as advertised. Side by side: Game works, but not in 3D. In the top left corner is the text "Can't load output dll" permanently. Worked using iZ3D monitor.

URU Anaglyph works as advertised. Side by side: Game works, but not in 3D. In the top left corner is the text "Can't load output dll" permanently. Worked using iZ3D monitor.

Battle of Britain II EXCELLENT

Wings of Prey (demo) EXCELLENT

ARMA II - Makes no attempt to go into stereo 3d at all, anaglyph or side by side.

IL2 1946 - stereo 3D seems to work well.

Mirrors Edge EXCELLENT. Mouse works well.

Does anyone have any solutions to the problems with the games reported? Must say 3D on the Panasonic plasma is fantastic, no ghosting whatsoever compared to what I saw on iZ3D monitor.

Thanks, John
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Findings/Questions using Panasonic P50VT20A 1.12 and iZ3

Post by cybereality »

Not sure about those games, but sometimes compatibility can be a hit or miss. You might also want to try the DDD TriDef driver as well, which also supports side-by-side mode.
artox
Cross Eyed!

Post by artox »

Hey,
I have the 50'' VT20A/E. From the games you have listed I have tried the following in SBS, anaglyph and frame packed mode and they work:
URU online (has doubling hud and mouse cursor, you have to switch from symmetric to left if running in frame-packed mode)
Mirror's Edge (shadow problems, UT engine specific)
COD4 ( requires simple weapon projection, but apart from that works great).
I do however have an AMD GPU, so you probably cannot use frame-packed and are restricted to SBS. I think your troubles are GPU related. I hope someone with a Nvidia card could elaborate, but I think that the best solution for you is probably Nvidia 3dtv play.
zippo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by zippo »

Hi artox,
Funny thing is, I am trialling Tridef drivers, and the games that don't like Iz3d love tridef, and the games that love iz3d hate tridef. I cannot run any DCS product at all. I am not yet ready to ditch my video cards (9800GTX+ in SLI) so I can trial nVidia's 3dtv play. I tried installing 3dtv play trial, knowing that my cards are not listed by Nvidia to work (can't hurt to try) - no go.
I've always had nVidia, how do like AMD/ATI?

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”