How about the system requirments about the IZ3D drivers?

lish
One Eyed Hopeful

How about the system requirments about the IZ3D drivers?

Post by lish »

Hi all,
I am puzzled about the sysytem requirments about the IZ3D and DDD Tridef drivers, especially the display device for shutter glasses applications.
Is it well done for all 120hz displays?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: How about the system requirments about the IZ3D drivers?

Post by cybereality »

The support on iz3D/DDD for 120Hz LCD displays is spotty and/or non-existent. There is one model that is specifically supported on iz3D and that is the Viewsonic V3D241wm-LED. The All-in-one MSI Wind Top AE2420 will also work on iz3D. For "Nvidia 3D Vision" 120Hz monitors you may or may not be able to get it to work with your system (probably not) and it may require special things like a newer model AMD card and using stuff like the e-dimensional activator and e-d glasses (and even then it is not a sure-fire bet). What is supported now are some 120Hz projectors if you have a newer 5000/6000 AMD card. You can see the supported hardware for AMD HD 3D here:
http://www.amd.com/us/products/technolo ... dware.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can also check the iz3D forums, which may have more info on specific compatibility.
lish
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by lish »

cybereality wrote:The support on iz3D/DDD for 120Hz LCD displays is spotty and/or non-existent. There is one model that is specifically supported on iz3D and that is the Viewsonic V3D241wm-LED. The All-in-one MSI Wind Top AE2420 will also work on iz3D. For "Nvidia 3D Vision" 120Hz monitors you may or may not be able to get it to work with your system (probably not) and it may require special things like a newer model AMD card and using stuff like the e-dimensional activator and e-d glasses (and even then it is not a sure-fire bet). What is supported now are some 120Hz projectors if you have a newer 5000/6000 AMD card. You can see the supported hardware for AMD HD 3D here:
http://www.amd.com/us/products/technolo ... dware.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can also check the iz3D forums, which may have more info on specific compatibility.
Hi, cybereality
Thanks.
In technical, the ActiveShutter3D system in PC only need a 120HZ displays to get a 60HZ images in L/R(maybe higher than 100HZ displays is OK for comfortable watching). We can get a Vsync from VGA cable to make the glasses synchronously, and then play the 3D movie with Stereoscopic Player. All of us can enjoy the 3D in this system, and maybe you need to change a stronger Graphic card.
So I think the drivers support the 3D Games is the same, but why do they restrict the displays
:woot
relaxman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by relaxman »

"supported now are some 120Hz projectors if you have a newer 5000/6000 AMD card"
What if i have an 5450 card, but iz3d diagnostic says for quad buffer: unsupported.
I tried every catalyst version from 10.3 to 11.1, and also the dalforce registry hack, but still
no support for AQBS. And thus no powerdvd10 and tmt3 or 5 can play me stereo content in 120Hz mode. (tested with win7)
help
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

@relaxman: I would love to help you, but I have neither a 120Hz display or an AMD card. I plan to buy both at some point, but I am not mr.money-bags here, so who knows when that will be.
lish
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by lish »

relaxman wrote:"supported now are some 120Hz projectors if you have a newer 5000/6000 AMD card"
What if i have an 5450 card, but iz3d diagnostic says for quad buffer: unsupported.
I tried every catalyst version from 10.3 to 11.1, and also the dalforce registry hack, but still
no support for AQBS. And thus no powerdvd10 and tmt3 or 5 can play me stereo content in 120Hz mode. (tested with win7)
help
So far as I know, iZ3d may support the 120 Hz panel product by Chi Mei in the future because Chi Mei is one of the shareholders of iZ3d.

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”