Completely disabling the driver for 2D performance

NickG
One Eyed Hopeful

Completely disabling the driver for 2D performance

Post by NickG »

Hello, I notice poor 2D performance (FPS) with 3d disabled, when the iZ3d driver is installed compared to when it is not installed. Short of dual-booting a completely separate install of Windows, what are some approaches of completely disabling the driver/hooks from loading for gaming in 2D?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Completely disabling the driver for 2D performance

Post by cybereality »

Interesting. I don't seem to notice any performance drop when the driver is disabled. Maybe I just never tested this. You could try stopping the service, I think its called "S3D Service". And making sure the iz3D driver is also not in the startup list. That should get rid of it.
Zerofool
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zerofool »

I also have no such problems, must be something in your end. Try what cybereality suggested, and be aware that if you use 64-bit OS, you will have two services (Win32 and Win64), stop them both ;). If you don't want them to start with windows, just set their "Startup type" to Manual. You'll have to manually start them both every time you want to play in 3D, before starting the iZ3D Control Center.
Oh, and try updating your graphics card drivers, and also install the latest DirectX (from June).
Last edited by Zerofool on Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nV 3DTV Play, Geo-11, Tridef on 2014 55" Samsung H7000 (aka H7150) @ 1080p60 Checkerboard-3D | Valve Index | RTX 2080Ti, i7-6700K, 32GB 3200CL14, 1+2TB SSDs | Win10 v2004 | DAN A4-SFX | G27
KindDragon
Cross Eyed!

Post by KindDragon »

NickG wrote:Hello, I notice poor 2D performance (FPS) with 3d disabled, when the iZ3d driver is installed compared to when it is not installed. Short of dual-booting a completely separate install of Windows, what are some approaches of completely disabling the driver/hooks from loading for gaming in 2D?
It is impossible, when you select "Disable Stereo" in Control Centeе driver is fully deactivated and does not affect gaming performance
Stereoscopic Steam Group: Join now

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”