Scale Separation

SupaMonkey
One Eyed Hopeful

Scale Separation

Post by SupaMonkey »

Hi Guys,

I'm playing on a zalman m215.

What are everybody's opinions on the best scale separation for 1st person shooters (L4D2).

I have mine set between 0.5 and 0.1 but i can't seem to get the tweak just right.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Scale Separation

Post by cybereality »

I use the Zalman 22" and I usually have separation around 100 and convergence really low like -0.0005.
SupaMonkey
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by SupaMonkey »

Wait, there are two right? (i'm not at that computer right now). Stereo separation and the separation scale. I think you are talking about the stereo separation and i made a mistake in the OP. What is your separation scale?
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

I've recently begun to test iz3d more seriously and I'm gathering information as quick as possible.
I'm also a bit confused about how exactly the scale separation affect the stereo settings. In theory, it should not affect, but if I use a value different from the default, I can't get FSX stereo settings right.

From what I understand, as its name says, it changes the scale of the separation of the cameras. With 0.5, for the same separation you've got half the separation, and each step is therefore half the size. It allows a finer adjustment of separation.
But I'd prefer an option to change the step size instead of the separation scale. Simply same scale, but finer adjustments.

edit: oops, this is all death topics. I didn't realize before posting
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”