iZ3D Monitor sidefield issues

MattC
One Eyed Hopeful

iZ3D Monitor sidefield issues

Post by MattC »

We recently purchased the iZ3D monitor to help test our software which is developed for passive stereo projection. Our method outputs side-by-side renders from each eye camera in a fullscreen app which requires horizontal span and is output to 2 different projectors to display the images.

The intention was to run the iZ3D monitor with Windows XP with horizontal span on and therefore give each monitor input a separate image.

So far I've had no luck with this. The monitor does not appear to display a full colour separate image for each eye. It seems to me that only once the iZ3D drivers are running a stereo image does it sort of look right, but that isn't what I want to do.

Is it possible to get the monitor to display separate image for each eye in horizontal span mode?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: iZ3D Monitor sidefield issues

Post by cybereality »

The iz3D is not a dual display type of system. Meaning you cannot just feed 2 left and right full color images to the inputs. IZ3d uses a method where one screen displays all the color information (I believe the back screen) and the other screen handles the polarization. The polarization image is some sort of composite of the difference between views or something like that. It should look like a greyscale laplace style image. You can contact iz3d to get instructions on how to convert 2 L-R views into their proprietary format.
MattC
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MattC »

That's unfortunate. There are many articles, reviews and even product descriptions on retailers websites that give inaccurate information on the monitor. I've contacted iZ3D to see if there is a possible workaround. I suspect that if we need to create an alternate rendering method just for the iZ3D monitor then that would probably be too much time effort just to get in working on this one monitor. If iZ3D don't have a workaround then we'll probably have to see about their return policy.

Do any of the other passive stereo monitors available work as we need? That is, can they take 2 separate full screen pictures and display 1 per eye?
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

All you have to do is to modify your two output images with the sample code iZ3D has made available on their website :
http://www.iz3d.com/developers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”