Playstation1 and Playstation 2 emulators in 3D? Help!

HeadTrip
Two Eyed Hopeful

Playstation1 and Playstation 2 emulators in 3D? Help!

Post by HeadTrip »

Imagine all those old PS2 & PS1 games in 3D? I am.. ;) Anyone get these working in iZ3D?
I use Anaglyph... but getting any mode to work would be great

http://pcsx2.net/
http://emulator-zone.com/doc.php/psx/epsxe.html

I can't get these emulators to run in 3-D...one thread gave details on an older version, but no luck getting it to stay in 3D, pops back to 2D... Hoping someone here has a magic solution, I know most of the plugins run in 'raster' mode (what ever that is..) so its not true 3D...

Thanks!!
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Playstation1 and Playstation 2 emulators in 3D? Help!

Post by Likay »

Petes graphic plugin for epsxe is opengl: http://www.racketboy.com/retro/sony/ps1 ... tings.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and will not work. Try find one graphic plugin for epsxe that's directx if possible.
I used to run bleem with good results (not in 3d at that time) but had great fun anyway.
I have no clue regarding ps2 emus but i imagine the way is similar. If your computer is strong enough, then try different graphic plugins until maybe one works.
Last edited by Likay on Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by tritosine5G »

...read about this , and I read it can't work because the ps2 hardware was made a way that makes it impossible.

So in theory you can't even expect conversions on ps3.

But then I read some other posts elswehere, where they claimed it can work.

For all I know , dreamcast works with 3d vision for sure, but I can't get games to toyificate because for some reason depth is locked in the game I wanted to play ( under defeat).
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

You may be right. I recall someone saying that the output from the emu have no depthinfo (simple 2d) but since it's some time ago it might had been the graphic plugin or a simple misunderstanding from my side (leave all options alive. :lol: ). The way to eventually get it going is trying different graphic plugins and settings with those. However: if there's no depthinfo from the emu itself it's of course impossible getting 3d out of it.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
HeadTrip
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by HeadTrip »

Thanks for the info...yeah you know, I should know about this stuff, I've developed a bunch of games for the PS2...heheh I was too wrapped up in the art to understand what was really going on 'under the hood'...

I've tried many plug ins for the ps2 emu, and only one kind of works, it snaps back to 2D, but for a split second I see the depth...or what looks like depth... I just want it to work so bad!! :) I have to research more plugins, I'm sure there is more I haven't tried, or combination of settings...

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”