Do objects "come out of the monitor" like in 3d films?

Sel93
One Eyed Hopeful

Do objects "come out of the monitor" like in 3d films?

Post by Sel93 »

Hey,

I have a question: Can I adjust anything else than in the IZ3d Wizard to make the objects "come out of the monitor"? I use Iz3d mainly for Oblivion. Currently Im already satisfied, its very deep and it seems that you look out of a window into another world. The objects in front are fine, but they don't really "come out of screen" as Ive seen in 3D Films in cinema. Is this possible with IZ3d?

Thanks in advance.
Sel93
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Do objects "come out of the monitor" like in 3d films?

Post by Likay »

Hi and welcome!
Yes, It's possible but not always comfortable. The way to do it is to increase "[shift]+[+]" the convergence setting. Remember that you usually need a bigger screen to really get the same effect as in the cinema though.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

http://www.mtbs3d.com/index.php?option= ... &Itemid=98" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards,
Neil
Sel93
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Sel93 »

Ok, thank you so far...

But it seems that Im not able to find the right configuration for Oblivion. When the objects in front are fine, the objects far away are doubled, and the other way round.

Can someone give me a good config for Oblivion?
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

For the most part you are not going to get many out of screen effects simply because the games were not designed that way. On some games at select parts it is possible to get out-of-screen effects, and they are cool, but rare. If you think about it, it doesn't make much sense though. For example, if a first person shooter realistically your gun is going to be at screen depth and then move into the screen. And any objects or enemies will all be inside the screen. I mean, in real life does stuff pop into your eye, probably not. It all exists in front of the camera (ie the screen). Most games cull (hide) any polygons behind the camera anyway. You could, of course, jack up the settings to have a far convergence and that will have some out of screen effects in say a 3rd person game, but this is not a comfortable way to play in the long-term. Hopefully if more developers add native 3d support to games they will be able to take advantage of more out of screen effects.
Dilip
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Dilip »

You can enjoy POP OUT effect for a while but it puts strain on eyes and you will get headache after long gaming session especially if you play in dark/semi dark environments.

POP OUT effect is good only in:

1) Racing Games ( like R factor,NFS Shift)
3) 3rd Person action adventure games ( Like Prince of Persia 2008)

in that too, you have to keep camera behind the car or your character, if you choose over head cam
or heli-cam then effect will be less appealing.

in first person shooter games problems as mentioned by cybereality will kill
the joy of playing.

I have greatly enjoyed POP OUT in following RTS games menu screen

1) Dawn of War Dark Crusade
2) Dawn of War Soul Storm

you can see great pop out in menu screen as well as team painter tool which is fun to use
in above said games.
Neil

Post by Neil »

While it's not for everyone, I disagree that out of screen effects create too much eyestrain and are not good for FPS. This is my setting of choice! :D

Regards,
Neil
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Goes together with my experience as well. Out of screen effects doesn't seem to have anything in common with eyestrain. Eystrain is more related to bad stereosettings (bad combination of separation and convergence) and maybe the shuttering from shutterglasses. I don't suffer from eyestrain caused by shutters myself though and in those days i played using 85Hz...
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Dilip
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Dilip »

Yes, my experience was with Shutter glasses(XForce3D)Only @ 85 Hz.

Dark environments + PoP out + Fast Movement ( i played UT2003 & UT Awakening)
had given me headache so many factors worked togather
i should not blame PoP out only.

What i recommended is its good for Race (As you can keep your Car/Bike/Hovercraft out of screen)
& rest of the scene may go deep (with little convg. & separation settings) in screen gives you best experience.

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”