What shutter glasses to buy?

Mymlan
One Eyed Hopeful

What shutter glasses to buy?

Post by Mymlan »

Hey MTBS, I just got the Alienware 120Hz monitor and I would love to be able to get 3D without using anaglyph. Shutter looks like my only option but it seems the only shutter glasses available are Nvidia's and eDimensional's. I use Radeon so Nvidia is out of the question, and my monitor won't support VGA (which is required on the eDimension glasses) so I'm out of luck there too.

Does anyone know of any shutter glasses that will work that don't require that odd 3-pin sync plug?

edit: Can I just plug the glasses into a seperate output on my graphics card as opposed to being a bridge between it and the glasses?
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Re: What shutter glasses to buy?

Post by tritosine5G »

With DLP display ( projector, Mitsubishi DLP TV) you can get DLPlink™ glasses.

Without it, you need some form of emitter. BTW, why can't you use a vga adapter for edimensional?

If you want you can wait for the:
M-M-M-M onster .... :lol:

guess its just the first bird of the flock

...or maybe just first with the announcement?

http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10730" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!
Mymlan
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mymlan »

Well, I always understood VGA as degrading the video signal, especially running at higher res's such as 1920x1080 @ 120Hz (like mine). Has anyone actually used VGA at a high res like this?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

That monitor only works with Nvidia 3D Vision.

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”