Uncharted 2 in 3d via timeshift

Discuss stereoscopic 3D games and gaming technologies for console (e.g. XBOX, PS3)
artox
Cross Eyed!

Uncharted 2 in 3d via timeshift

Post by artox »

Enjoy this video of a console game we may or may not see in s3d in this generation
http://www.youtube.com/profile?v=eI4YAX ... chRockness" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Uncharted 2 in 3d via timeshift

Post by cybereality »

Would be cool if they make the actual game 3D at some point.
artox
Cross Eyed!

Post by artox »

Yes it would, however they claim to be using the ps3 at 100% to achieve 720p @ 60fps, which means that for stereo on ps3, they will need to lower either the resolution or the fps, because I don't think only optimizations will get the job done. The game is truly beautiful and would be amazing in stereo, considering the amount of particles there are flying all the time.
GoldChain
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by GoldChain »

I love the PS3, but my primary complaint about consoles, in general, is that their hardware is fixed (unlike PCs), so even after a modest 2+ years, consoles can't keep up with the raised expectations that evolve over time. Even with some of the most advanced graphics chips available at the time (most advanced balanced with affordability), the PS3 makers wouldn't have anticipated the desire to do full 1080p 60fps/stereo gaming.

Guess we'll have to wait for the PS4...... although I'm eager for 1080p stereo gaming and movies, I wonder if even the mighty PS3 is up to the task. I think it'll pull off the 3D movies part, but the gaming?.... not so sure. Not without sacrifices in resolution/quality.

GC

Return to “3D Console Gaming”