Samsung / Mitsubishi 3D DLP support with Nvidia stereodriver

wbloos
One Eyed Hopeful

Samsung / Mitsubishi 3D DLP support with Nvidia stereodriver

Post by wbloos »

Hello,

today I found out how Nvidia stereodriver is able to support all 3D DLP TVs (Samsung, Mitsubishi) - thanks to Michal Husak who tested this on his TV.

Well, Nvidia had such a support implemented long ago but did not publish it by now. Now you are able to play all games in stereo without need of third party drivers

Here is how it works:
- dowload this registry patch: http://www.3d-hdv.net/forum/3D_DLP.zip unzip and place it on your desktop (or anywhere else)
- activate your stereodriver in control panel using either vertical or horizontal interleave (Seereal or VREX)
- apply registry patch
- enjoy your game/phots/videos using Nvidia stereodriver
- each time you open Nvidia control panel the interleaving settings will be restored to their defaults: horizontal or vertical - apply registry patch again to switch to checkerboard output

Note for StereoPhotoMaker: you need to setup pagflipping to the native resolution of your 3D DLP TV (set custom resolution to 1280x720 or 1920x1080) and activate Nvidia output

greetings
Werner
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Sweet!

You should upload the file to the MTBS file exchange in the downloads section so more people can see it.

Regards,
Neil
StereoGaming4Me
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Samsung / Mitsubishi 3D DLP support with Nvidia stereodriver

Post by StereoGaming4Me »

glad I found this.. was searching for an hour. Did anyone upload this to the file section?

Thanks
mikemav
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Samsung / Mitsubishi 3D DLP support with Nvidia stereodriver

Post by mikemav »

Does this work on Vista, or just XP? Sorry for the newb question, but I have been unable to find anything for the beta drivers to enable checkerboard or mention in this post of if this is XP only? I have a Vista 32 machine with 8600GT and a Mitsu WD-60735 DLP set with the DDD glasses/kit, but I really want to try out games DDD doesn't yet support with an Nvidia driver. Any way possible yet?

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”