More3d Stereo Software

Lucky
Two Eyed Hopeful

More3d Stereo Software

Post by Lucky »

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if there is any advantages to this software over say the Nvidia drivers? Of course that's not taking into account having to pay for it. I am just curious to know the benefits (if any).

~Lucky
Znith
Cross Eyed!

Post by Znith »

Well I for one would like to demo this software but it seems you have to jump through several hoops to get a license. Fill out a paper and sign it, fax it back and wait. I'm not one for faxing Germany right now :x

Sort of disappointing if you ask me.
IZ3D~ My answer to S3D!
Jahun
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Jahun »

Besides, don't forget Peter Whimmer's player.. seems pretty solid to me..

And a heck of a lot cheaper..

Dunno the differences exactly to be honest.. it isn't obvious for the More3D one...
Znith
Cross Eyed!

Post by Znith »

Well I was more or less interested in running the 3D Stereo for applications and games. According to their website and pdf this is a universal S3D program that runs transparently in the background.

So I (and I presume Lucky) was looking for a solution to getting the 8800 series cards running with S-3D.
IZ3D~ My answer to S3D!
Jahun
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Jahun »

Well... seeing the very little promotion for it, the effort needed by Nvidia and IZ3D to get it working specifically for games...

I doubt it'll work for this.. at least not much better than we are used to. Just a guess though... buy it and let us know! :)
Znith
Cross Eyed!

Post by Znith »

I sent the company an email last night asking them if I could send the information they need by email instead of fax. We'll see what happens.

I'm a curious gal, I need to know if this software works :lol: Quest 3D is promoting More3D so it's not completely unknown.
IZ3D~ My answer to S3D!
Lucky
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Lucky »

The More3d Software will not work with an 8800 I know that much. I had already been emailing with one of the staff, I just wanted to hear from "unbiased" sources regarding any benefits to their software. So just to be sure that I hit home with this, the More3D software will not work with the 8xxx series video cards and it was recomended that a person use a video card with Quad Buffered support. IE the Quadro cards.
ASUS P5W DH Deluxe, Core2Dou E8400, 4GB PC-4200 Kingston Ram, ATI Radeon HD 3870 x2
Znith
Cross Eyed!

Post by Znith »

I received a reply today and they are willing to give me a two week demo for the software once I email the information.

They did not answer my question on whether the 8800 works with their software. I can round up an older Quadro card from a friend to at least try the software, providing he's willing to loan me the card :P
IZ3D~ My answer to S3D!
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

you could ask for permission to post some screenshots...

:)
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

Znith
Cross Eyed!

Post by Znith »

I don't have a lot of time tonight to test out the software but here's what I've seen and it's not good.

Stalker: Oddly enough with 3D enabled a partially transparent game map overlay covers the screen, like the one in your pda. You can still see the game through it, and depending on settings it might only cover part of your screen. I've tried with and without the map mod I've installed, taken down all the details to nothing, static lighting and whatnot. no S3D

Bioshock: Another oddity. Enable 3D and you see your previous loading screen picture along with your hp bar, what plasmid you have enabled at the bottom left of the screen and if you have an alarm ringing like I do in one of my saves you can see the timer on the left side of the screen. I does sound like you are walking around when you hit the movement keys as I hear footsteps and other sounds. No S3d

Two Worlds: Not much to tell except I can see separation of light sources only. No S3D

Tried some various 3D demos that I know work on my 6800, they did not work on my 8800.

So far no good. It was worth a try and I'll mess with some configs during the week.
:cry:
IZ3D~ My answer to S3D!
Lucky
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Lucky »

Which video card are you doing this on? It's my understanding that the More3D software will not work with the GeForce 8800.
ASUS P5W DH Deluxe, Core2Dou E8400, 4GB PC-4200 Kingston Ram, ATI Radeon HD 3870 x2
m3D_skoch
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: More3d Stereo Software

Post by m3D_skoch »

Hi Everyone,

sorry for digging up the old thread, I just came across it while googling.
As I am working for more3D, i just quickly wanted to clarify what the moreStereo3D software is:
It is a 3D stereo driver aimed at use for digital work - it focuses on software packages like PTC Creo, Siemens NX, Tecnomatix Plant Simulation, Catia, ...
moreStereo3D does not aim at games, so we cannot recommend it to gamers.

A little update on the software:
It works graphics board independent! The only need it has to the graphics card is to have Direct-X 9.0c support.
You can use AMD cards, Nvidia Cards etc etc - plus the software offers very many output methods:
Color Code 3D, optimized Anaglyph, Side-By-Side (and SBS 50% squeeze), openGL quad buffer, Line Interlace, Checkerboard and Autostereo displays (Tridelity and Alioscopy)
An overview over currently certified and compatible software packages can be found here: http://www.more3d.com/3-D/moreStereo_Profiles.html (yet the list does not claim to be complete)

Kind regards
Stefan
skoch@more3d.com

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”