mageknight apocalypse

iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

mageknight apocalypse

Post by iondrive »

hi all,

UPDATE: this game works well in licensed modes with driver 1.10b3 and a no-CD crack.
The same goes for driver 1.11b1-2. It looks like it's just 1.10 that doesn't work.

This is an older game but anyway, here's the beef:

This game is a DirectX 8 game but it works in anaglyph mode with older pre-1.10 iZ3D drivers. Tests were done with my 880GTS card and nvidia driver 196.21, 32-bit winXP dual-core Athlon mode.

Game works fine in 2d with driver disabled in all cases.
iZ3D-1.09 - anaglyph only, otherwise game exits w/o error message on start
iZ3D-1.10b3 - anaglyph only, otherwise game runs 2d with "can't load output dll error"
iZ3D-1.10rc1 - anaglyph only, otherwise game runs 2d with "can't load output dll error"
iZ3D-1.10 - anaglyph works until title screen, then game exits w/o error message, otherwise "can't load output dll error" until title screen, then game exits w/o error message

If you're interested in playing this game in anaglyph mode, see the Mageknight topic in the iZ3D settings forum. (later today)

Why I think it's DX8 when the box says DX9:
Although I had no s3d success with this game while trying old-school nvidia drivers, I could still save the 3d settings which write stats in the C:\NVSTEREO.LOG folder. There it says that the game uses DX8 and I have confidence that it's more accurate than what the box says. Does anyone know any other way to verify if a game uses DX8 v DX9 or OpenGL v DX9?

How I know anaglyph mode works with 1.10 until crash:
If you select Black & White anaglyph mode then the 2d start logos will be black and white so that's how you can tell the driver's working.

--- iondrive ---

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”