IMAX 3D movies possible on dual output passive projection?

Talk about the latest 3D movies in the theater and at home!
Jahun
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

IMAX 3D movies possible on dual output passive projection?

Post by Jahun »

Do any of these movies work on a dual projector passive setup???

I would really like to buy some IMAX 3D movies from for instance Amazon, but I wonder how they are encoded and if the play on dual output.

Can someone enlighten me about this? Sharky, Likay?
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

as far as i know they work. because tehre are several stereo types.. over under, left right, interlaced, under over, right left, interlace left eye first. and then there are the output formats. if you use stereoplayer (www.3dtv.at) you can select "nvidia drivers" as output format and whatever you have selected as your output signal in the nvidia drivers is used as output signal. in the download section there are 2 stereoscopic clips interlaced like the imax ones. and in the IDY section there is explained how to set up the codecs in order to read them.its not that easy with mpg files, but with DVDs you don't need to set up anything.. just interlaced mode.. i think that at 99.9999999999% they work. on edimensional they are really cheap. 15 $.. yo if i would be you i would buy one and test... but first try with the files in teh download section! if they work, then everything works! ;)

bye

sharky
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

I don't agree completly.
There are DVD's out there with just 2D mode and one Anaglyph mode. In the high quality of Imax this needs a LOT of space.
For usual Dual-Output there'd be needed one more 'copy' of the film - what would do 3 times the space as a normal Movie in the same quality per time.

However, if I remember right, Haunted castle has all of those selection options.
But not all support 2 different view's, because some DVD's are designed just for Anaglyph viewing...
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
sharky

Post by sharky »

maybe you got me wrong.. i meant wich exists, not wich are on one dvd.. usually imax ones have Normal or interlaced.. i did not take anaglyph in count because it has nothing to do with the dual projection... the question was if a imax movie works on dual projector, and if you use a pc to view it then it should work... :wink:

bye

sharky

sharky

Post by sharky »

actually rereading it it is easy to get it wrong.. :) sorry

Return to “3D Movies (Blu-Ray and Theater)”