Artifacts: the MOST tricky solution in the world!

edudu
One Eyed Hopeful

Artifacts: the MOST tricky solution in the world!

Post by edudu »

Ok, i'm opening a new topic, I had another one asking about this issue but now that I found the solution I'm opening a new one... because this is the most tricky solution I've never seen in my life (regarding to computers ;)

i have a HMD (shutter glasses) + nvidia 8800gt, Stereo drivers "StereoE16250" and the latest nvidia drivers 196.34 for Win xp 32.

I've read many posts about the artifacts issue (that black squares moving around the screen) but no solution worked for me (used nhancer with ss 4x4, oblivion hack etc) nothing.

But now this works for me, I hope it could help some people with the same issue, I think it could work with a different setup (3d monitor, another nvidia card etc) so, I tried this:

First, installing latest drivers, then stereo 16250 drivers. Changing ContextUIpolicy and CplGroupUIPolicy to 1 (if you don't know how to do it there are posts about this) and rebooting.

And now install iz3d drivers (full instalation) and i choose dual projectors (i tried another ones and worked too)

-Now displaying windows on my HMD (800x600, 60hz):

1. Right click on desktop, Select device, 3D stereo setup && test

2. This is a little tricky (the ultimate tricky trick will come later) to activate 3D with this setup, i have to enable "always use stereo refresh rate" then launch test application (still not in 3d) exit test, now disbling "always use stereo refresh rate" launch test again... now it's in 3D!! but... full of artifacts!

3. I don't know why, how or what in the hell makes this thing my artifacts dissapear but here i go:

-Install jDownlaoder (it's just a download manager) and keep it minimized on system tray, no need to have anything downloading.

And that's it... XD the artifacts just dissapear magicly.

Now sometimes got a very little artifacts at the top of the screen but if I press ctrl + f4, or ctrl + f5, to adjust the deep just a little, dissapears definetly.

Please, if you have the same problem try this and let me know how it worked for you.

And if anybody can tell me why keeping jdownloader minimized does the trick (i tried with another programs but it only works with this one xD) let me know too, i'm very curious.

That's it!

Thank you everybody and sorry for my bad english :)
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Artifacts: the MOST tricky solution in the world!

Post by cybereality »

AHahaha!!! What a trick. I guess if it works, it works, right?
Solya
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Solya »

jdownloader is based on java.
So while the program is active, java is also active.

This might be the solution. But i do not understand why java would indirectly do the trick ;)
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Lol! It might have to do with decreased computerresources and that this somehow reduces the artifact but i'm only guessing...
I just wonder: How many things did you try before you found this fix? :lol:
Good share though and enjoy the stereo-3d!
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Bo_Fox
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Bo_Fox »

Hey edudu, are you really sure about this? This is so strange.. I gotta try it out myself after holding onto 181.00 Forceware drivers for long enough!
8800GTX, 24" CRT (Sony GDM-FW900)
i7 920 @ 3.7GHz, Foxconn Bloodrage, WinXP-32 and Vista x64 SP2
3D shutters, 181.00 Forceware +162.50 S3D for WinXP

Other rig: 4870 1GB, i7 920 @ 4GHz, DFI T3eH8
24" LCD + IZ3D anaglyph, WinXP-32 and Win7 x64
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by iondrive »

hi,

It didn't work for me. I suspect you have nHancer running w/out you knowing it. Check Taskman. Still, nHancer running doesn't explain your quote: "i tried with another programs but it only works with this one xD"

I'm using driver 162.50/162.50 now so maybe I'll try again with 196.21 which is what I have although you used 196.34. I don't think it should matter.

Stats:
winxp 32-bit
geForce 8800GTX 640MB
not using nHancer right now.

Update:
Tried it with driver combo 196.21/162.50 and it seems to do something but still doesn't work. I'll look for version 196.34 and try that sometime. Also it seems to matter if firefox is running. I had it running and started jDownloader and suddenly my screen res changed. Changed it back, tried to run the nvidia s3d logo test and it wouldn't start. Just gave some error about software mode. More details later. Closed jDownloader and the test runs bad like before.

--- dazed and confused ---

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”