Ok Avatar is cool and all.... but what's next for the 360?

Discuss stereoscopic 3D games and gaming technologies for console (e.g. XBOX, PS3)
Anthony1
Cross Eyed!

Ok Avatar is cool and all.... but what's next for the 360?

Post by Anthony1 »

As far as I'm aware, Avatar the game, and Invincible Tiger are the only digital stereo 3D games on the Xbox 360. Yes, there are anaglyph games like G-Force, and there is even a new anaglyph game called "Scrap Metal" coming out, but I'm not interested in anything that uses the red and blue glasses.

Has anybody heard of anything? I know the PS3 has alot of 3D stuff coming soon, but my TV won't work with the PS3 in 3D. It will work with the Xbox 360 in 3D. It's a shame that Microsoft seems to have zero interest in 3D games on their Xbox.
Spectralancer
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Ok Avatar is cool and all.... but what's next for the 360?

Post by Spectralancer »

Why won't your TV work PS3 3D? Do you need HDMI 1.4?
Anthony1
Cross Eyed!

Re: Ok Avatar is cool and all.... but what's next for the 360?

Post by Anthony1 »

Spectralancer wrote:Why won't your TV work PS3 3D? Do you need HDMI 1.4?

Well, most likely that issue as well, but even if HDMI 1.4 doesn't turn out to be an absolute requirement (like many people think), my Samsung has this strange resolution requirment quirk. It will only allow the 3D mode to be turned on if the TV is receiving a 1360 x 768 (or 1024 x 768) resolution via the HDMI 2 input. The PS3 doesn't have built in hardware scaling, and it cannot output 1360 x 768 (to the best of my knowledge).

I'm able to use it with the Xbox 360, because I go into the settings in the Xbox 360 and have it communicate with my TV via the HDMI port, and it can tell what the native resolution of the display is, and then it sets the 360 to output the native resolution. So the 360 will output 1360 x 768, and everything works. I can also use it with a computer, if I set the computer to output 1360 x 768.

Return to “3D Console Gaming”