VRealities "Virtual Visor" to play PS3 games in 3D? Really?

Discuss stereoscopic 3D games and gaming technologies for console (e.g. XBOX, PS3)
DevilMaster
Two Eyed Hopeful

VRealities "Virtual Visor" to play PS3 games in 3D? Really?

Post by DevilMaster »

Look at this supposed "customer feedback" for VRealities' "Virtual Visor":
http://www.vrealities.com/virtualvisor.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am an avid 3d fan (I go see all the movies in 3d at theatres and at amusment parks while also owning a shutter glass conversion kit) and the virtual visor is fantastic. I am able to play my playstation 3 games in 3d (heavenly sword, ratchet and clank) with fantastic results. I am able to watch my movies (spiderman 3, fantastic 4 II, matrix reloaded, cars, etc;;) in the same 3d fashion as 3d movies
Okay, is this legit? I always heard that the PS3 WILL have stereo 3D support in the future, but this guy is claiming to be able to play his PS3 games in stereo 3D NOW! Personally, I smell a rat here. I think this guy is either a clueless n00b who doesn't know how stereoscopic 3D is supposed to look like, but VRealities kept his clueless rambling about 3D because it can increase sales... or he is a VRealities employee who was paid to write a lie on the site. Another "suspect" thing is the mention of a "2D to 3D Converter". Now, I admit I have only kept up with stereoscopic 3D on a PC, but how is that supposed to work? If the original video source has no information about depth, there is no way to convert a 2D video to 3D!
So, what do you think?
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: VRealities "Virtual Visor" to play PS3 games in 3D? Really?

Post by Dom »

Hi, I not really sure but should possibly work. HMD are in fact 3d if they say but also they might be saying that this HMD is 3d in pc too. They could entise putting all specs of the system into one sentence. Also if they have a 3d stereoscopic chip inside the unit then all they need is a video feed from the console even if it is through composite. I think aswell the ps3 and xbox 360 use directx or similar like a graphics chip so all the rendering is always in 3d just not on a 2d panel. Tv and Movies don't have the 3d stereoscopic because there is no consumer software to enhance the image now or hardware solution for left and right volume ect.. Edimensional also has an external stereo3d box that comes with glasses you can hook to composite to a crt tv and works in 3d now it is low def but a wii on it might be usfull and you need a crt tv too. I have one a 27 inch. To find out more just email them and ask how the connections to the ps3 and how it enables it from the company or unrealistic. Could work you know maybe someone actually done it on mtbs3d.com :)
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Its bogus, no way that visor does anything of the sort for PS3 games. Lies, I tell you.
Spectralancer
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Spectralancer »

I think vrealities.com is a scam or a joke. I asked about it here:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/fo ... =9&t=17760" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Their site is ridiculously outdated, and they sell 90s VR fad stuff for ridiculous prices. I don't see how it could be serious.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Vrealities is not a scam. That site has been around forever, although I never bothered to order anything. Too overpriced.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Re: VRealities "Virtual Visor" to play PS3 games in 3D? Real

Post by ancjob »

the site is good
my friend had purchased a few HMDs sometime back
he told that experience with the site was great!
VRgamesterz
Cross Eyed!

Post by VRgamesterz »

Well ANCJOB, if your friend purchased a few HMD's from him then why do you keep asking everyone about those HMD's in question. I shouldn't be getting into this on here but, anything coming from that site is like the signs you see on certain roads, Enter AT your Own Risk!! Plain and simple. So please don't try and advertise about that site here or spread any goodness, it's happen way to much on stereo3d............

Ku
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

VRgamesterz wrote:Well ANCJOB, if your friend purchased a few HMD's from him then why do you keep asking everyone about those HMD's in question. I shouldn't be getting into this on here but, anything coming from that site is like the signs you see on certain roads, Enter AT your Own Risk!! Plain and simple. So please don't try and advertise about that site here or spread any goodness, it's happen way to much on stereo3d............

Ku

The site is good but the HMD - i am queering about is most expensive for the 'flip-types'
Even my friends declined taking chances with device [virtual viewer 3D] as it's very expensive

please read my review regd I-cine Hi-res in one of my posts - my friend is happy with it so he's not the risk-taking type...he's enjoying watching 'fun' movies with his I-cine.

this 'd not be treated as promotional activity at all ....
but the site is for real and a good one - pricey toys they have ...

I am only interested in getting their Virtual viewer 3D only after some one has reviewed it...
the device looks decent - but performance .....

the 'sunglasses' style HMDs - are NOT "one size fits all "
hence the flip-type [viewer 3D or Virtual Visor]

Given the reviews of virtual visor - seriously considering getting one from their site directly..
i will update once i get any of these devices..
wuhlei
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by wuhlei »

I think they have a habit of leaving out some details and I think stuff like this is just hurting stereo.
Albert Einstein
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

wuhlei wrote:I think they have a habit of leaving out some details and I think stuff like this is just hurting stereo.
i already have oriscape product [I-cine Hi-res] but the colors are not vibrant [i do not think so that it's 24 bit true color..] so i suspect the rest of the oriscape products [virtual visor , virtual viewer etc mostly with kopin displays]

But i am almost certain - that virtual viewer 3D is not Oriscape product at all but no reviews anywhere makes it suspect despite their installations at houston university...still no ipd/focus adjustments leave a lot to ve desired...

anybody with a detailed review of virtual visor is most welcome...

Return to “3D Console Gaming”