Game Developers' Conference

metalqueen
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Game Developers' Conference

Post by metalqueen »

Hi,

Do you have any information regarding this conference?

I cannot attend, but would like to find out more about what information I will be missing out on from MTBS and iZ3D.

Thank you!!

:D
Neil

GDC

Post by Neil »

Hi Cuddles!

I'm sorry for the late response. The Game Developers Conference is targeted to companies and individuals who write games for a living.

While the NVIDIA Programming Guide was a good start, we wanted to take it to the next level, and add components that were not there before.

As developers are traveling to San Francisco for this conference, we wanted to give them the advantages for doing so, and are giving them an exclusive first look at the guide. This could very well be the most important instructional tool distributed at this conference.

The guide will eventually be made available as a full document here - but in this competitive videogame market, it would be advantageous to go to the conference in person.

Besides, when developers see the awe struck look of players on the iZ3D 22" monitors at the booth, the importance of the MTBS Stereoscopic 3D Programming Guide will be very clear. :shock:

If you want to attend in person, here is the URL for the Game Developers Conference:

http://www.gdconf.com/

Regards,
Neil 8)
Gerald
One Eyed Hopeful

Hmm

Post by Gerald »

Oh. So, the guide is better than the basic one I downloaded? I've programmed on a few projects, and the guide had little about the specific directX calls NOT to make, or the code segments I would need to see to know another way to do something. Since, developers probably improperly do the 3d all the time because it is faster or they are just lazy.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hi Gerald,

You're playing a little catch-up with the threads, I see! :P

Thank you for your feedback - The MTBS guide is a continual work in progress.

If you have specific development questions, we have a software development forum below. Based on the results, we will enhance the guide over time.

Programming for S-3D isn't dramatically different from developing traditional games. That's the beauty of it! You should read the NVIDIA guide too, and I think you will see what I mean.

Regards,
Neil
gisabun

Game conference

Post by gisabun »

Last I heard there is also a game conference/show coming to Montreal in early November. Montreal has become the third largest game development city [after San Fran and Seattle] and has Ubisoft, EA and a few other larger and other size studios.

Neil: Maybe a list somewhere on the main site about upcoming confrences and shows related to gaming. Even if MTBS [and IZ3D] can't attend, I'm sure a few members here may spread "the gospel".

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”