NEW Anaglyph glasses! [Pro-Ana]

Shutter glasses and custom polarized! Talk about them here.
zerong
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: NEW Anaglyph glasses! [Pro-Ana]

Post by zerong »

hello ! i am always waiting pro ana ! do you use tridef software or iz3d ? tridef give me better result in game but my periode try is over :(
VRgamesterz
Cross Eyed!

Post by VRgamesterz »

Im using IZ3d drivers, the trideff didn't do to much for me, the way I got mine setup, im not having to much red issue and the ghosting is pretty much gone except when I make my gun zoom in, so on Unreal 2004 I just removed the gun. It's to bad I saw the rainbow effect watching movies, put a strain on my eyes almost like wearing the anaglyph for an hour. I think Nvidia needs this whole summer to get thier chiit together before I waste $200 for shutters, there shouldn't be any compatiblity issue with anyones PJ that they want to buy, again they are leaving it for the 3d guru's to get it working the way it should, what about joe smith that just bought it and thought cool, ahh no!

Well these glasses work pretty damn good in Killing floor, dam that is a creepy game.. Theres alot of red and blue and it's still looking damn good...
slipstream
Cross Eyed!

Post by slipstream »

IZ3D is far superior to the dreadful nvidia anaglyph solution.
VRgamesterz
Cross Eyed!

Post by VRgamesterz »

Hey Slip, your using trip2go and ana's? What are you using for screens, CRT's LCD's or projectors? I had 3 projectors before and tinkered with the idea but didn't have the room back then and I also had 2 trip2go but sold them all. Now I have the room and im gonna get 3 cheap refurbs PJ and buy a ATI 5750 for $150 and try out the ana's. Im woundering if the 3d is not gonna be that good with 3 big screens instead of just 1, I guess im just gonna have to try it out. When this is all said and done this spring, I'll make sure I send some pic's. Im gonna try and make the screens big trying rear projection using mylar mirror film that I just bought.

Ku
slipstream
Cross Eyed!

Post by slipstream »

Sounds a good setup there my friend. I need to update my sig. I now have 1 PJ, the HD200x, and Its the Dogs B****x. :D
zerong
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by zerong »

"Your order was returned to us. The package was damaged in transit partially obliterating the shipping address, but not the return address. We are repackaging the order and shipping it out today. Sorry for the delay that is resulting from this incident. This only seldom happens that a package is damaged in transit, We are glad that the items were not damaged or lost. "

Jan-30 2010 09:43.

here 3dstereo answer for my emails .... i am very lucky ... I hope items aren't dammage like they says and that they dont send me broken items .....
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

N.mind
Last edited by Likay on Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
zerong
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by zerong »

i have finally pro ana at home :) ! all what you said is true ! fantastic !
cooolbrain
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by cooolbrain »

i am suffering watching everything with ghost.
it seems pro-ana is really working.
going to place an order this month.
anotherFrench
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by anotherFrench »

I've got a bollywood anaglyph movy on dvd today and I'm verry amazed with the paper glasses that come with it, colors are not too bad, I see almust no ghosting and even get a lot of very solid pop-up wich I find surprizing for anaglyph, I tryed them on youtube and they work perfect too :woot
I didn't try the pro-ana but I think those one are really great too
http://tls3d.fr le site de Toute La Stéréo 3D
SinSilla
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by SinSilla »

Since i´m limited to anaglyph as well (recently bought a new 26" lcd, obviously not "3D ready" ^^) i will try to place an order as well. (sitting in Germany)

I guess i should see a huge improvement over my Bugs3D Cardbord-Glasses?

Thanks in advance for this great find!

Greetings,

Sin
shonofear
Cross Eyed!

Post by shonofear »

well my order in half way round the world in transition to the land down under. Hope to get some good results as others have been talking about (as good as it gets for anaglyph), will give my personal opinion when arrive.
Cheers
waiting patiently......
SinSilla
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by SinSilla »

Does anybody know a shop where i could order the glasses without the need for a credit card?

On 3dstereo.com i would have to verify my paypal account again with a credit card number (which i don´t have).

The glasses seem to be only available directly via 3dstereo.com (or amazon.com /ebay.com, but thats 3dstereo as well)

Isn´t there any reseller for that glasses?
shonofear
Cross Eyed!

Post by shonofear »

yea, go to their ebay store, got mine from there and used my paypal account.
all worked out sweetly, and glasses really do eliminate most ghosting compared to my other anachrome anaglyph ones

http://shop.ebay.com.au/3dstereo.com/m. ... ksid=p4340

cheers
waiting patiently......
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

I just received my Pro-Ana glasses too, they are quite better than my old cardboard ones but still very far from what you can get from shutter glasses.

The ghosting is reduced a lot compared to my old glasses, but there are some disturbing aspects still. The red eye seem to be a lot darker and fuzzier than the blue eye and the colors feel a little bit unnatural. For most images and movies the pro-ana are a lot better, but sometimes my old cardboard glasses give a better sensation of relief, even though there is more ghosting.

Example 1 : looks better with cardboard glasses

Example 2 : looks better with Pro-Ana

Your mileage may vary though, I'd be curious to know what is your opinion on this for those that own the two types of glasses.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

The first one is definitely a conversion or else the architect used a bent ruler when constructing the buildings in the backgrund! :lol:
I don't get any percievable ghosting on any of those pictures which is strange because jpg usually looks quite bad with anaglyph. But then i'm using lee-filters. However different glasses gives different results with different monitors.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

@SinSilla: Send me a PM and maybe I can help you get the glasses.

@Fredz: That second shot looks simply amazing with the Pro-Ana. The first shot didn't look so hot with any glasses I have.
shonofear
Cross Eyed!

Post by shonofear »

agreed,
2nd photo looks wowzers with the Pro-Ana's.
waiting patiently......
cooolbrain
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by cooolbrain »

hi guys
ordered pro-ana and green/magenta pairs from 3dstereo.com on 23rd Feb.
received a mail on 4th March that they shipped it and it will take 18 days to reach me.
so, will be enjoying my pro-ana soon :)

will post a review soon though its reviewed enough to be bought blindfolded :)
Mopheus
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mopheus »

Does anyone know how can I get a set of this great Ana glasses in Argentina without receiving them in pieces ? :)
cooolbrain
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by cooolbrain »

received a mail from 3dstereo.com on 4th March saying that they shipped it and it will take 18 days to reach me.

still didn't recieve them. do i have to panic :?
btw i stay in India
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Just shoot them an email and ask them whats going on.
cooolbrain
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by cooolbrain »

ok sent them a mail just now. lets wait and see....
sark666
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by sark666 »

People seem to really like the pro-ana glasses and I wanted to get a pair of more sturdy anaglyph glasses.

Two improvements glasses like these supposedly provide are:

a diopter adjustment on the red lens for a sharper picture and
intentional 'leakage' on the red to allow for more natural colours.

I want glasses with the first improvement, but not the second. It might help colours but that will make ghosting worse!

Can anyone confirm that pro-ana's have this 'improvement'?

Whereas these aviator anaglyph glasses claim to have a cyan slide-in to help cancel red leakage:
For the true purist, you get a slide- in gel light cyanfilter to optimize the cancelation of red leakage, on a poorly processed image.
http://www.anachrome.com/glassbuy.htm" ... urn false;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaglyph ... urn false;

has anyone tried these aviator glasses? Or do any other plastic glasses claim to have the diopter fix but not the intentional red leakage?
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

I also have the Anachrome aviators and I prefer the Pro-Ana. I can see that the Anachrome have the diopter adjustment on the red but I don't believe the Pro-Anas do. I have also never heard about this "red-leakage" so I can't confirm either way. However the ghosting is pretty low on the Pro-Ana if that is what is worrying you. Really, for the price, you might as well just pick up a pair and see for yourself.
gl
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gl »

Some of your are talking about the AnaChrome/MiraChrome red/cyan glasses (they have the diopter correction in the red lens). When I didn't know much about them I bought a set, because they were advertised as reducing ghosting. BS - they were actually designed for a very specific way of viewing anaglyphs.

As was mentioned, they deliberately leak red light in the cyan lens, so as to produce better colours/skin tones. Of course this causes bad ghosting. The idea was that you only use them to view images with very limited deviation, ie. where the image looks almost normal (like that one posted earlier in the thread) where you don't see a lot of red or blue shapes. With images like that there's minimal noticeable ghosting, but they also give you reduced depth.

For viewing all other red/cyan anaglyphs they are totally useless, the ghosting is so bad that I never use them. I have a battered old pair of handheld cardboards that look a million times better on my PC monitors.

I also have the Pro-Anas, they're OK but still ghost more than my cardboards. EDIT: This was wrong, I actually have the 'Pro-X' glasses (identical frames) made by another company (Rainbow Symphony Inc). I will test the Pro-Anas & report back.
Last edited by gl on Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slipstream
Cross Eyed!

Post by slipstream »

More ghosting than cardboards? Please tell me where you purchased your cardboards from. I must get a pair.
gl
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gl »

slipstream wrote:More ghosting than cardboards? Please tell me where you purchased your cardboards from. I must get a pair.
That's the problem, I don't know! :). I honestly have no idea how I got them... actually wait, it might have been a website that offered to send you a pair free, something like 8 years ago. It says 'Printed by 3D images' on them.

... ah yes, this is their site (UK), and mine look like the 'Jumbo Handheld'. I can't guarantee they use the same filters as mine are really old, but there's a good chance.

Don't get me wrong, they still ghost a little, but they are way better than all the others I have on all the LCD screens I've tried. They also have a v. good cyan lens, light enough to give you nice bright images (I have another cardboard where the cyan is too dark).
gl
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gl »

This thread has made me look at my Pro-Anas again, and I don't even like looking through them even without a ghosty image. To my eyes they make everything look weird, 'confusing'. Not sure why, but I note that the lenses seem to shift the image you're viewing slightly, like there's some minor optical magnification or something going on. They're also darker than my good cardboards, which look much more neutral.
Bad213Boy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Bad213Boy »

Question, since this post was create several years ago, are the Pro Ana glasses still the best set of anaglyph glasses out there? I'm in the hunt for buying a decent pair without spending hundreds of dollars on shutters.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

You're not forced to spend hundred of dollars on shutters, if you've got a suitable display you can buy some wired glasses with a PC dongle for $23.95.

About anaglyph glasses, I don't know if something better than the pro-ana has been invented yet (I last searched about this some months ago), but to me they are the best anaglyph glasses I've tried without a question.

I you only intend to watch 3D photos and short 3D movies you can also try stereoscopes or prism glasses which don't denature colors like anaglyph glasses, but with some constraints on head movement. See this thread for some insights : Prism Glasses for 3D Viewing.
3dstereo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3dstereo »

:anaglyph
We at 3dstereo.com developed the ProAna(tm) 3D glasses. Here's the BIG problem: Amazon allows other sellers to piggy-back on our Pro-Ana(tm) glasses and sell imitations. They are shipping glasses that look similar to the Pro-Ana(tm) but are not identical and these counterfeits have more ghosting than the Pro-Ana(tm). We have complained to Amazon just as we did about counterfeit Anachrome glass sellers and without any success. So, be certain that you are getting true Pro-Ana(tm) Glasses. We have a sticker on each sleeve pair; the imitations don't have our logo on the sticker. And with our next delivery, we will have the Pro-Ana(tm) name imprinted on the glasses themselves.
For those of you who are too broke to buy a pair. Send your name and address to me and we will send out 15 free pairs for testing. In return, I ask that you provide a fair review here about them. We have never done this before and I don't know if I will be swamped with requests, but when I have 15 names, I'll post here.
If I have done anything that's against the rules, forgive me since I'm a newbie on this forum.
Dalia Miller
ddd@3dstereo.com
3Dstereo.com
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by tritosine5G »

Well, that sounds cool, and i don't think there will be an overswamping amount of requests. I for one never saw anaglyph. :lol:
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

As far as I am concerned the Pro-Ana's are still the best overall in terms of ghosting, general quality and price. However depending on how the content was authored it may look better with one of the other high end anaglyph glasses like the Anachrome or the Pro-View. For example, with the iz3D driver I find the color reproduction to be better with the Pro-View, however it has more ghosting than the Pro-Ana. So you may want to try different options. But if you are just going to get one pair of glasses you can't go wrong with the Pro-Ana's (especially for free).
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Or find a local disco and lightstore. Ask for lee-filters: Colornumber 026 for red and 116 for cyan. Not available everywhere but google might return a nearby reseller. The biggest obstacle is getting small quantities if you're only interested in making one pair....
gl
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gl »

Just been in touch with Dalia and will try out their Pro-Ana glasses.

This poked me to look at my glasses inventory more carefully - I thought I already had the Pro-Anas, turns out they're actually 'ProX' glasses made by 'Rainbow Symphony Inc' - the frame design is essentially identical. I'll post a comparison of those and my current favourites (the cardboards) when the Pro-Anas get here.
gl
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gl »

.. strange, they offered to send me a pair of glasses, but I never got them and they haven't replied to me so far either.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Weird.
3Duser
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3Duser »

The Pro-Ana glasses still the best choice? The Nvidia Discover or i-3k are good?
Pro-ana deliver products on europe?

greetings
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Different glasses can sometimes be better on certain displays, or with certain content. Its not that one pair will always be the best. I have found that the Pro-Ana are the best overall, though. Just to give an example, I find the paper Nvidia 3D Vision Discover glasses actually work better with Nvidia 3D Vision Discover mode on the driver. And stuff like ColorCode may look better on specially designed content. But overall Pro-Ana is the best choice.

If you need help shipping internationally, send me a PM and I may be able to help.

Return to “3D Glasses”