Windows 7 reviews

robetjems
One Eyed Hopeful

Windows 7 reviews

Post by robetjems »

Hello Everyone,

I have installed Windows 7 before 15 days and it's just amazing.Here I am sharing some experience of Windows 7.

Strengths:
So far it seems to be doing the business with the same speed as XP. Intuitive interface and navigation, uncluttered and easy to follow instructions and very nice to look at too!

Weaknesses:
Not found any yet.

Overall Evaluation:
So far so good, maybe the next worthy evolution of XP?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Windows 7 reviews

Post by cybereality »

Sounds cool. I think I will get that when I get a chance. Although I've had no problems with Vista so far so I am not in a huge rush to upgrade. XP, on the other hand, was a constant mess of crashes, BSOD, constantly re-installing the OS to maintain speed, steady streams of malware, ugly UI glitches, etc. Not sure why everyone seems to think its the pinnacle of computer science.
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Post by cirk2 »

It totaly agree with you two. I use 7 already sinc the open beta ;)

Back then it was already better than vista ;)
gisabun

Post by gisabun »

cybereality wrote:Sounds cool. I think I will get that when I get a chance. Although I've had no problems with Vista so far so I am not in a huge rush to upgrade. XP, on the other hand, was a constant mess of crashes, BSOD, constantly re-installing the OS to maintain speed, steady streams of malware, ugly UI glitches, etc. Not sure why everyone seems to think its the pinnacle of computer science.
Same hardware for Vista and XP? Most BSOD is because of either hardware failures or bad/corrupt drivers.

Don't remember the last time I had a BSOD in XP.

I've had some minor issues with Vista [my USB TV tuner doesn't show any video in Vista but works fine in XP - rollback drivers didn't help].
stephenhope
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by stephenhope »

I am running 64 bit win 7 and actually playing max payne 2 about 2/3 way through and chaos theory right now. They are running perfect. Win 7 is a great upgrade.
anthony morrison
gisabun

Post by gisabun »

From my previous post, updating the NVIDIA drivers fixed the problem.

I'm running Win7 right now in a VM but will be going to Win7 early next year.

Onlything I know that won't work with it is an old Palm PDA. Palm makes no 64-bit USB drivers for their PDAs. Would you believe that?

Return to “General Hardware & Software Technical Support”