No current 3D DVD releases

Talk about the latest 3D movies in the theater and at home!
Gae43
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

No current 3D DVD releases

Post by Gae43 »

So Monsters vs Aliens, Up and Ice Age 3 are not being released in 3D anaglyph. The companies are saying that they will release the 3D versions when a better quality 3D standard is in place next year.

So do you guys welcome this move or, like me, see it as a cynical step in order to sell movies twice, first in 2D and then again in 3D next year or later?

So far I have bought nearly all of the 3D DVD releases but I don't particularly want 2D versions of 3D films. I won't be tempted either to spend £20 on a flat Monsters vs Aliens release just in order to get a 13 min 3D bonus feature.

Personally, I would prefer the anaglyph releases over nothing for now as I've just mastered a system for converting them to near perfect side by side format for my own viewing. :roll:

Gae43
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: No current 3D DVD releases

Post by cybereality »

Personally, I have no problem waiting another year for a proper 3D Blu-Ray release. Anaglyph sucks. Let it die.
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Re: No current 3D DVD releases

Post by Freke1 »

Abandoning anaglyph is a good step, most people have lots of ghosting with anaglyph (due to glasses?) so it's not really going to promote 3D. Same with interleaved/field sequential/or whatever it's called. Doesn't really look good fullscreen when on a DVD. And there is no need for a Standard/conference consensus/world election/ISO approval or anything like that. No protesters is blocking the entrance door to the 3D room and Agents Fox Mulder and Scully are not going to arrest You is You make a proper 3D version of Your movie.

We have 3D film festivals where people can watch 50 different 3D short films, and 3D cinemas with high quality 3D short film, but can You buy the damn things? "NO! YOU MUST SUFFER!"

ok, so I'll suffer, I don't give a f**k, I'll make my own, what do I care?
Apart from a few individuals there is a numbing lack of creative outcome from some very talented 2D people.
Talk, talk, talk, no action.

So to me it sound like this time they have decided: "Sry guys, we can't make it! But at least we are not going to whip Your a** while having a blast."

I apprechiate the gesture. But that's just me.

Return to “3D Movies (Blu-Ray and Theater)”