NoLimits Roller coaster

Talk about the latest 3D movies in the theater and at home!
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

NoLimits Roller coaster

Post by sharky »

Hi guys!

I have tested the demo of NoLimits Rollercoaster V1.6!

i think it is amazing!

the graphic is not the best, it reminds me of the games i played some years ago, but the speed, the forces involved, even the sound of the tires rollign on different materials is simply perfect!

Personally i coulnt try the 3d because it doesn't work on my 8800 with the beta drivers. but on the web i have read meany articles about this one and they all got maximum of points in terms of compatibility. could someone of you try it? maybe with a 7 series nvidia.

bye

sharky
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

I tried the demo with my 7800 card.
It worked fine although I couldn't get antialias to work. I got a little drivesick but took some screenshots:

NoLimits Rollercoaster 1.6 demo
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/1412/no...ator0450iz2.jpg
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/8802/no...ator0650ug3.jpg
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8942/no...ator1350zk6.jpg
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/8907/noli...ator1850nr1.jpg
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/2914/noli...ator2350oe3.jpg

I had no trouble.
sharky

Post by sharky »

that is cool.. thank you freke!

i solved the antialising problem by putting the resolution to 1600x1200. if it is above the monitor limit and you monitor doesn't refuse to show the image you get a "homemade" antialising effect.. :) else you could try to enable it in the graphic card settings...

let me know.. bye

sharky

Post by sharky »

today i tested it at work... it is great! i love this one! but it is much more fun watching it with the two rigs i have made.. (see do it yourself section) thw speed simulator and the motion simulator..

ohgrant
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ohgrant »

Thanks for the heads up on this one, I strongly suspect this is the same game engine as "Roller Coaster World" that came with a pair of shutter glasses. I could never get the color problem corrected in this game, but here are a few shots of Roller Coaster World.
Image Image
I liked No Limits 1.6 so much, I purchased the full version. I have to report I had a few serious crashes on a few of the coasters. I crashed twice on the same spot on the Collossis 1978 sim. I still think it was worth it though, I'm a Roller Coaster lover and I live 1 hour from Kennywood Park where 2 of the worlds most famous Roller coasters the Thunderbolt and the Steel Phantom are. I can say this is pretty close to reality. This game also works very well with the head tracker in my Z800. I did have to crank the separation up to get any effect.
Image Image
I would have to say that my favorite Roller Coaster sim is Roller Coaster Tycoon3
Image Image
sharky

Post by sharky »

cool! i want to learn to create the coasters. but the tutorials are all very complex! if you find a good one or know how to do post it in the diy section. maybe we could share some selfmade coasters!

Znith
Cross Eyed!

Post by Znith »

Ohgrant I live about an hour from Kennywood too. I'm in Ohio. I haven't been there in about five years. Have you been to Cedar Point? Now that place is the coaster capital and is much more fun than Disney World IMO!

Anyways now that I'm all excited about coasters I'm going to give No Limits and Tycoon3 a shot later today with my 6800, those screens look great!
IZ3D~ My answer to S3D!
ohgrant
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ohgrant »

Greetings Zinth, Steubenville, Ohio here, I'm about 3 hours drive to Cedar Point as well, There was a documentary on the Discovery channel a few years back, and there was about 5 of the worlds best coasters at Cedar Point voted by the Roller Coasters enthusiast. There was only a few on the top 10 list that wasn't in our area. The full version of No Limits 1.6 has a few Cedar Point recreations. The only thing I don't like about Cedar Point is the long lines; I was there last year and only got to ride a few coasters. I think this year I will go to Kennywood. BTW Kennywoods Thunderbolt was #1 on the Roller Coasters enthusiast?s list; they always go for the wooden coasters for some reason.
sharky: cool! i want to learn to create the coasters. but the tutorials are all very complex! if you find a good one or know how to do post it in the diy section. maybe we could share some selfmade coasters!
I'm in the same boat, I like riding them but I don't know how to build them yet. It would be great to have a sim of all existing coasters.
sharky

Post by sharky »

i found a german tutorial for creating them! i am going to make a tutorial in the DIY section as soon as i a able to create them.. tis not that hard.. :)

by the way i have that documentary.. it is called THRILL RIDES

sharky

Post by sharky »

check the DIY section.. :)

chrisjarram
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by chrisjarram »

sharky wrote:today i tested it at work... it is great! i love this one! but it is much more fun watching it with the two rigs i have made.. (see do it yourself section) thw speed simulator and the motion simulator..
Sharky, how are you getting the motion data our of NL? Do you have the pitch/roll pointer offsets? I have full motion / wind and vibration simulation and triple stereo3D projection, this would be a good one to use with it.
kartingpilot
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by kartingpilot »

I just upgraded from a 6800 card to a 7800 card a few weeks ago, and am now having a few problems with NL in S-3D. Occasionally there are spots that aren't rendered properly, especially in the front of the train. I can "see through" the train in certain areas (usually several small squares) to the track itself. It happens even when the frame rate is up around 75fps.

I upgraded my power supply from 300w to 600w to see if that was the problem, but it had no effect.

I've always used the 91.31 drivers - should I upgrade to one of the newer 3D versions? If so, which drivers would others recommend for this card? I HAVE noticed a few times other games freeze on me for a few seconds in 3D that were never problems with the 6800 card.

OS = XP/SP2

I probably will ask this question in a more general thread as well, but my main problem is with NL so I'll post it here first...THANKS!

Return to “3D Movies (Blu-Ray and Theater)”