I found Samsug's 3D plasmas ! hesitating...

Own a 3D HDTV? Trying to learn about the latest and greatest? Post here!
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

I found Samsug's 3D plasmas ! hesitating...

Post by BlackShark »

They are finally available in France !

http://www.lcd-compare.com/televiseur-S ... 42B451.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.lcd-compare.com/televiseur-S ... 50B451.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They are sold as entry-level plasmas since they are not FULLHD, this makes them affordable and I'm now seriously hesitating, as usual the 3D support isn't even mentionned in the tech specs in the shops. Nobody even knows it's a 3DTV.

Since they are checkerboard based, I know this 3DTV will work on my next PC (ATI based) and I am now seriously hesitating about getting one.
But I've got some questions to users who already have it.
What brand of shutter glasses do you use ? (Samsung's, edims, nvidia 3dvision, 3d revelators, etc...)
How is ghosting on these plasmas ?

Would you recommand it ?
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
Marksanderson
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: I found Samsug's 3D plasmas ! hesitating...

Post by Marksanderson »

Check out this review: http://3droundup.com/2008/12/samsung-3d ... s-protest/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nobsi
Cross Eyed!

Post by Nobsi »

Hi BlackShark,

beside the iZ3D monitor I own the 50" Samsung plasma. Beside beeing very affordable nowadays it's use of the checkerboard methode (optional to horizontal and vertical interlaced) allows me to use either the nVidia 3D vision system or the iZ3D driver, since both support this mode perfectly. Also stereoscopic player and stereo photo maker have support for this.
So it's great to have the choice of driver, because if one driver has problems with a particular game, maybe the other works better.

In general I use the iz3d driver because it offers more options than nVidias, but nVidias driver has the advantage that it works with forced anti aliasing through the nVidia control panel (for games that do not offer the AA setting), while the iZ3d driver does not with current nVidia drivers.

But AA is very important for the Samsung TV since it's native resolution is only 1360x768, so without AA games tend to look ugly. With 4xAA or higher it's much better.

I've already reported the missing forced AA support to iZ3D and have word that they will try to fix this in the next driver release. Maybe you can team up in my topic at the iZ3D forum to speed up things.

For use with the iZ3D driver I ordered eDimension glasses in the US (which was not cheap) only to find out that my old ELSA Revelator glasses nearly looks the same and work as good with the Samsung as the eDimensionals. (The ELSA emitter has a standard VESA plug which fits in the Samsung 3D sync out.)

Regarding ghosting, I have no issue with that. It's surely better than on the iZ3D monitor and on a level wich I used to have with my old Sony FW900 CRT setup in the past. In most games I hardly recognice it. I wonder why reviews say that this plasma TV has problems with massive ghosting, maybe it's because they used the Samsung shutter glasses, which may be the source of the problem, as I heard they are stylish but have very bad LCD panels.

One last note: Do not get the 42" version as this has only 1024x768 pixels but is also 16:9, so the aspect ratio is totally messed up for games.
mickeyjaw
Cross Eyed!

Post by mickeyjaw »

Blackshark:

Where in france are you? These panels are fairly widely available in the UK too and for slightly cheaper so you might want to consider hopping on the ferry grab one if you are up for a day out and live in Normandy / Brittany type area.

Also, I am currenty looking (once again) into having a mitsubishi WD60 DLP imported from the US so I will post back with a price when i get it
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

Well, i live on the absolute opposite side of France (Montpellier, along the Mediterranean coast) so i guess the trip wouldn't be worth the money.

I still have my Elsa 3D Revelators (i keep them as a souvenir of my 1st 3D glasses), they should still work but the batteries have been dead for years, and they use the worse type of batteries ever (the big expansive flat watch batteries). But i'm still strongly hesitating... it's gonna be hard for me to decide.
Passive 3D forever !
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

Im in the same boat as i keep posting every time this tv comes up. I need a new tv and 3d would be a bonus but for only a few hundred more i can get a full hd 50inch. The thing holding me back is teh ghosting and image quality as Flexy has reported it as unusable. There are a ton of threads here on it too.

Nobsi: Would you recommend the tv for close up high feild of view 3d gaming? Also i would be using my 7950gx2 so im not sure it would have enough grunt at the resolution. Can it run at Lower res?

Also i would appreciate if someone could show me which of the cheapest ir transmitters cords on this page http://www.ultimate3dheaven.com/3dstac1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; i can use with some cheapy edims. It looks like they list a few different ones for different prices and some are dlptv ready but couldnt they all be din3 standard plugs or are some mini din3? I was considering buying the glasses and emmiter first and going to a tv shop with my lappy to try one out.

Thanks.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
anotherFrench
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by anotherFrench »

mickeyjaw wrote:Blackshark:

Where in france are you? These panels are fairly widely available in the UK too and for slightly cheaper so you might want to consider hopping on the ferry grab one if you are up for a day out and live in Normandy / Brittany type area.

Also, I am currenty looking (once again) into having a mitsubishi WD60 DLP imported from the US so I will post back with a price when i get it
when did you say you were going to visit france again?
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
http://tls3d.fr le site de Toute La Stéréo 3D
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

Page 18 in the Samsung 50" plasma manual: http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/d ... g_0918.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
says about 3D.
The TV is connected to the PC with a HDMI/DVI cable and the wireless 3D glasses emitter is plugged into the TV's "3D Sync Out Port" with a Din 3 connection (3-pin mini DIN) jack (I think).
Here's a picture of the "3D Sync Out Port" into which the emitter is plugged:

I think Nvidia's 3D vision glasses would work since they have these cables:
http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=656&type=expert" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Does not say anything about brand of glasses in the manual.

Here's the TV:

in the manual it sais 1360*768 60Hz checkerboard/Ver. interleaved/Hor. interleaved but I haven't tried 3D yet since I need to buy some wireless glasses. I don't think it would be impossible to use this TV as a gaming monitor (2 feet away) allthough when surfing You would probably need a little more distance.
Since it's says 100Hz it's a shame it doesn't do 100Hz full page flip/frame flip (or whatever it's called) in 3D.
dreamingawake
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by dreamingawake »

I have this t.v, and it's pretty darn good for 3d.

You do need to manually adjust some of the settings to
reduce the ghosting, but the 3d is beautiful, and even
does 1920x1080 in 2d ! Which is nice.
Nobsi
Cross Eyed!

Post by Nobsi »

Nobsi: Would you recommend the tv for close up high feild of view 3d gaming? Also i would be using my 7950gx2 so im not sure it would have enough grunt at the resolution. Can it run at Lower res?
That was exactly my idea when bying this monitor, since I already own the iZ3d 22" monitor. While gaming my distance to the monitor is about 1,20m, which gives a good field of view. I tried also even lower distances, but unfortunately the felt depth of a 3D scene decreases with lowering the view distance. Must have to do with the fact that the focus point your eyes have to adjust to is always at screen depth and this distance is also used by the brain to calculate the 3D sight. Higher separation values can eliminate this effect a little, but there is a limit when headache will step in when the brain tries to overlap the two views.

As for the mini DIN 3D sync plug, there are actually version or the plug that do not fit in the TV sync jack, due to the format of the middle plastic pin.

But the nVidia sync cable as the ELSA revelator emitter cable as the eDimensional DLP emitter cable all fit well into the plug.

And I want to stress it again, I do not have any problems with the ghosting of this monitor, neither with the nVision, ELSA nor eDimensional glasses. The main problem is the relative low resolution of 1360x768 for the size (50"). This is even somewhat reduced through the checkerboard pattern, but not as much as I did expect. But AA of 4x or higher is recommended!

At least I have lots of fun with this monitor!

PS: Supported 3D resolutions are 1360x768 (full screen) and 1024x768 (black stripes left and right). Due to the checkerboard pattern no other resolution works in 3D, though the monitor is Full HD capable.
Okta

Post by Okta »

Thanks for the reply Nobsi i think im sold.

The U3DH have these 3 ir adaptors with the same pictures at different prices-

$2.95 for the wireless video upgrade- http://www.ultimate3dheaven.com/wiirinvitr3d.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

$12.95 for the pc wireless transmitter- http://www.ultimate3dheaven.com/wiirinpctr3d.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

$26.42 for the DLP wireless emitter- http://www.ultimate3dheaven.com/dlphd3dtrfid.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think my question is will the $12.95 pc emitter work in the tv?
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Jahun

Post by Jahun »

I got the 50" plasma from Samsung too, and even though it ghosts a considerable amount more than my dual projector rig, it surely it easier to transport and looks alot more stylish.

I wouldn't play hours on end of HalfLife on this one though.. it ghosts a bit too much for it imho... but maybe I'm spoiled. Or maybe I need to tweak settings more..
Okta

Post by Okta »

Is that using the samsung glasses? How good is the brightness while playing in 3d with the glasses?
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

Okta wrote:Thanks for the reply Nobsi i think im sold.

The U3DH have these 3 ir adaptors with the same pictures at different prices-

$2.95 for the wireless video upgrade- http://www.ultimate3dheaven.com/wiirinvitr3d.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

$12.95 for the pc wireless transmitter- http://www.ultimate3dheaven.com/wiirinpctr3d.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

$26.42 for the DLP wireless emitter- http://www.ultimate3dheaven.com/dlphd3dtrfid.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These look exactly like my Elsa 3D revelator wireless transmitter... just without the big ELSA logo.
Passive 3D forever !
Nobsi
Cross Eyed!

Post by Nobsi »

I wouldn't play hours on end of HalfLife on this one though.. it ghosts a bit too much for it imho... but maybe I'm spoiled. Or maybe I need to tweak settings more...
It may a lot depend on the used shutter glasses. I heard the Samsung ones are very bad. I have no problems withe the eDimensionals or ELSAs.

The eDimesional DLP emitter and the ELSA emitter look nearly the same, as do the glasses. Only difference is a little red LED on the upper side of the eDimesional emitter. It's hard to see on this pictures which emitter this is.
Unfortunately the ELSA revelator and eDimension emitters seem to use different IR signals, I can only use the correspondig glasses with a particular emitter.
Okta

Post by Okta »

Nobsi wrote:
I wouldn't play hours on end of HalfLife on this one though.. it ghosts a bit too much for it imho... but maybe I'm spoiled. Or maybe I need to tweak settings more...
It may a lot depend on the used shutter glasses. I heard the Samsung ones are very bad. I have no problems withe the eDimensionals or ELSAs.

The eDimesional DLP emitter and the ELSA emitter look nearly the same, as do the glasses. Only difference is a little red LED on the upper side of the eDimesional emitter. It's hard to see on this pictures which emitter this is.
Unfortunately the ELSA revelator and eDimension emitters seem to use different IR signals, I can only use the correspondig glasses with a particular emitter.
So these to emitters are the ones designed for the pc dongle and they plug straight into the Samsung? Im just trying to work out id that DLP emitter on there page is double the price just to con people with plasma/dlp sets and i can buy the cheaper one.
Nobsi
Cross Eyed!

Post by Nobsi »

I actually ordered my eDimensional 3D glasses here:

http://www.edimensional.com/product_inf ... 27bd051f1a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

but I think they are way overpriced.

Best is to find some ELSA revelators (IR version) on ebay, I got some for a few bucks some time ago. Of course the VGA-dongle is useless, but the revelator emitter has a standard 3D vesa plug which fits in the TVs 3D sync out.

PS: I found some use for the revelator 3D dongle: I used the VESA jacks of two dongles to make a Y-adapter, so I can connect the revelator and nVidia nVision emitter at the same time to the TV, thus changing the stereo driver to use (iZ3D or nVision) on the fly.
Okta

Post by Okta »

Ive been combing ebay for ages and only found overpriced ED glasses for sale :(. Does the IR donlgle supplied with tge ED pc package plug into the plasma ok as well?
Nobsi
Cross Eyed!

Post by Nobsi »

The emitter of the DLP version does, it is intended for use with 3D ready HDTVs with VESA jack.

But again, the eDimensional emitter does not trigger ELSA revelator glasses and vice versa.

BTW currently ELSA revelator glasses are available on ebay here in Germany, both wireless and wired (20€ new). After taking a close look to the wired version, it seems they also have the VESA plug so they should work too.
Okta

Post by Okta »

Can you throw me a link, its not showing up on worldwide searches, cheers.
Jahun

Post by Jahun »

Nobsi wrote:
I'm using Nvidia's glasses..
Very interesting to hear you have no issues.. I'd be verrry happy to reduce the ghosting a bit. Any info greatly appreciated. So you have no serious ghosting on it? For me playing Halflife is a no go. Especially if I turn up the pop out a bit.

Would it be possible that you could take a photo with short shuttertime through the glasses for me? To show the ghosting that way. (both sides in view at same time ofc :))

Also, do those Revelators or ED's give the opportunity to go into 3D mode at will? I want something like my Vista desktop image in 3D. I can make the checkerbpoard combined image no problem, but for instance the Nvidia 3D vision glasses only tell the emitter to start when in Full screen directX..
Nobsi
Cross Eyed!

Post by Nobsi »

@Okta
A few links to current ELSA revelator auctions:

http://cgi.ebay.de/3D-Shutter-Brille-EL ... 286.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.de/Elsa-3D-Revelator-Br ... 286.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.de/ELSA-3D-Revelator-Br ... 286.c0.m14

@ Jahun
So you have no serious ghosting on it? For me playing Halflife is a no go. Especially if I turn up the pop out a bit.
I never said that I have no ghosting. Every solution for 3D viewing I had over the years had more or less ghosting, only exclusion was the eMagin Z800 HMD (but that had many other serious issues, so was not really usable).
What I have said is I have no problem with the amount of ghosting delivered by the Samsung Plasma. It's on par with the crosstalk I used to have with my former Sony FW900 CRT + shutter setup. Depending on the game I barly notice it, but of course my brain has lerned to ignore it over the years of 3D viewing (and I play with heavily separation to get a maximum depth amount in any game).
Also, do those Revelators or ED's give the opportunity to go into 3D mode at will? I want something like my Vista desktop image in 3D. I can make the checkerbpoard combined image no problem, but for instance the Nvidia 3D vision glasses only tell the emitter to start when in Full screen directX
I use the iZ3D driver with DLP license to drive my eDimensionals/relevators. This driver has many advantages over the one from nVidia (which has other benefits though):
- I runs also on XP (32 + 64bit)
- It runs also on ATI/AMD graphic cards
- I works with applications in windowed mode
- It has no limits for separation/convergence settings so good stereo depth is possible for any game
- It has profiles for the applications with 3 different separation/convergense presets per app
- It can show current framerate per OSD

Also, if I remember correctly, they have a desktop wallpaper 3D viewer (never used this)

So being able to use both drivers on the Samsung Plasma I get best currently possible stereo for any game.
Jahun

Post by Jahun »

Nobsi wrote:@ Jahun
So you have no serious ghosting on it? For me playing Halflife is a no go. Especially if I turn up the pop out a bit.
I never said that I have no ghosting. Every solution for 3D viewing I had over the years had more or less ghosting, only exclusion was the eMagin Z800 HMD (but that had many other serious issues, so was not really usable).
What I have said is I have no problem with the amount of ghosting delivered by the Samsung Plasma. It's on par with the crosstalk I used to have with my former Sony FW900 CRT + shutter setup. Depending on the game I barly notice it, but of course my brain has lerned to ignore it over the years of 3D viewing (and I play with heavily separation to get a maximum depth amount in any game).
Also, do those Revelators or ED's give the opportunity to go into 3D mode at will? I want something like my Vista desktop image in 3D. I can make the checkerbpoard combined image no problem, but for instance the Nvidia 3D vision glasses only tell the emitter to start when in Full screen directX
Also, if I remember correctly, they have a desktop wallpaper 3D viewer (never used this)

So being able to use both drivers on the Samsung Plasma I get best currently possible stereo for any game.

I never said you said you had no ghosting at all :) I'm very aware of the fact that practically all solutions do in fact have ghosting. It's just that I'm trying to see whether I have an issue with my plasma that can be remedied, or it is a "getting used to" thing. Atm, the Plasma is unusable for many games, especially when the seperation is turned up a bit. Perhaps I could learn to get used to it (but it's so much I wouldn't have the patience) but I want to take it somewhere and demo 3D on it a bit too.

If I keep control of the material that's shown, it may work. But there should not be much contrast in brightness etc.. I'm just wondering whether I can improve this and that you do have less ghosting (other glasses, some shutterdelay time somewhere) or that it is purely a thing of getting used to (which would not work with quick demo's).

What you say about IZ3D and running windowed applications, would this work:
I start a windowed application X (say Stereoscopic Player from peter Wimmer or whatever), keep it windowed. And see 3D. Check. Then I move that window down almost entirely away from the desktop. And put a S3D checkerboard desktop image on.
Would that work?

What I'm trying to do is getting the IR to trigger, but to feed info into the plasma in the conventional way. Why on the world would I want that? It would allow a very easy way for interactive 3D for one.
Okta

Post by Okta »

Mobsi: Thanks for the links. Now i know why i couldnt find them, they are non english :(
anotherFrench

Post by anotherFrench »

well :(
I tryed to send a message to ultimate3dheaven but I guess my english is not good enough so I still don't know what transmiter is right for the samsung...

my message:
hello,
I would like to purchase wireless glasses + infrared transmitter to connecte to the 3D synch on my samsung plasma tv ps50b450, I have seen a few transmitters available on your site but I don't know wich 1 I should select.
I've seen a bundle wireless glasses plus transmitter that seem to be compatible but those glasses are elsa-like:
http://www.ultimate3dheaven.com/dlp3dwiglfis.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and I would prefer some like this 1 (terminator glasses):
http://www.ultimate3dheaven.com/noname15.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

so could you please help me by telling me what the best transmiter is to use with my samsung + those "terminator" glasses?

I hope you'll excuse me for my bad english and thank you in advance for your helpfull answer
cordialy,
the answer:
Hello,

Sure thing… in case you are not familiar with electronic 3D it actually creates real 3D (like you may have seen at IMAX Theaters, Disneyland or Universal Studios) where images fly off of the screen and try to take your head off.

I would be happy to answer any questions that you may have.

Here is a link to all of our “3D Ready Television” products:

http://ultimate3dheaven.com/3ddlphdtv.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And here is a link to the two most common first time purchases:

http://ultimate3dheaven.com/cobu2dlp3dgl.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

or

http://ultimate3dheaven.com/303ddvdincow1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you have any other questions or if I can be of any further assistance please feel free to let us know.

Thanks, Carl
Jahun

Post by Jahun »

Your english is perfectly understandable. The reply you got feels like a autoreply..
Nobsi
Cross Eyed!

Post by Nobsi »

O sorry that you had to say that I said that I tought that you said you thought that I have no ghosting at all was wrong. :? :roll:
What I'm trying to do is getting the IR to trigger, but to feed info into the plasma in the conventional way
I'm not sure I understand what you mean with "in the conventional way", but this could probably work, if the picture has the correct checkerboard allignment.

Btw, Peter Wimmers Steroscopic player has build in support for checkerboard 3D so no additional 3D driver is required. Same is true for the Stereo Photo Maker.
Jahun

Post by Jahun »

Nobsi wrote:O sorry that you had to say that I said that I tought that you said you thought that I have no ghosting at all was wrong. :? :roll:
I was just joking, nvm
Nobsi wrote:
What I'm trying to do is getting the IR to trigger, but to feed info into the plasma in the conventional way
I'm not sure I understand what you mean with "in the conventional way", but this could probably work, if the picture has the correct checkerboard allignment.

Btw, Peter Wimmers Steroscopic player has build in support for checkerboard 3D so no additional 3D driver is required. Same is true for the Stereo Photo Maker.
Hmk.. will test it out. Preferably I wouldn't even need Stereoplayer, and just have a switch that tells the IR to be "ON", regardless of what is on screen.
Okta

Post by Okta »

Anyone here want to do me a solid and buy some of those cheap ebay relevators for me? :)
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

Yes which one(s)?
mickeyjaw
Cross Eyed!

Post by mickeyjaw »

Do you even need a way to trigger the IR emitter from the PC? AFAIK, you just have to put the TV into 3d mode from the remote and the emitter will turn on. Any checkerboard image you display on the TV should then appear in 3d even if it is a just a wallpaper. Be aware though that if you move a window with checkerboard image 1 pixel left/right/up/down the left/right views will swap, move 1 pixel again they swap back etc.

With respect to the IR emitters, I believe that any IR emitter should work with it's matching glasses in any vesa din port. I.E use the revelator IR emitter for revelator glasses, e-dim one for e-dimensional glasses etc. The DLP glasses/emitter are supposed to have IR codes specifically engineered to not interfere with the operation of the TV remote, which is also IR. If it were my decision I would save the extra $$ and just block the IR window on the front of the TV if the emitter makes the telly go spastic...
Okta

Post by Okta »

Freke1 wrote:Yes which one(s)?
Freke1 the community saint to the rescue! Thanks mate PM sent.
Nobsi
Cross Eyed!

Post by Nobsi »

Do you even need a way to trigger the IR emitter from the PC? AFAIK, you just have to put the TV into 3d mode from the remote and the emitter will turn on. Any checkerboard image you display on the TV should then appear in 3d even if it is a just a wallpaper.
Yes mickeyjaw, you are right. But the one exception is the nVidia emitter, which needs to be switched on via the USB line, though it get synced from the TV. I hate nVidia for this.
Jahun

Post by Jahun »

Nobsi wrote:
Do you even need a way to trigger the IR emitter from the PC? AFAIK, you just have to put the TV into 3d mode from the remote and the emitter will turn on. Any checkerboard image you display on the TV should then appear in 3d even if it is a just a wallpaper.
Yes mickeyjaw, you are right. But the one exception is the nVidia emitter, which needs to be switched on via the USB line, though it get synced from the TV. I hate nVidia for this.

Ah thanks for the info guys.. yeah I have only the Nvidia one atm, and it needs to be "activated" over the USB line.. :|
Good to know the others don't need this though, I'll see if I can get both of those to test too.
Jahun

Post by Jahun »

Nobsi, could you please test the ghosting chart by WBloos found here:
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/7166/g ... 1050wb.jpg

Which is discussed here:
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p ... 1&start=30

It would be much appreciated! It gives a % amount for white and black ghosting that I could compare to mine.
anotherFrench

Post by anotherFrench »

did anyone try to conect the wired version of edimensional glasses to that 3Dsynch conector on the tv?
those glasses use a 3.5 jack to conect to the edim dongle so maybe it's possible to fixe a 3 pins conector instead?
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

I can't find the 3D sync 3-pin jack anywhere...
but I found some cheap 3D wireless glasses and it looks like they have the 3D sync 3-pin jack so I bought a pair (60$ - glasses and transmitter - shipped to europe):
http://cgi.ebay.com/TERMINATOR-WIRELESS ... 1c0caf8e92" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://cgi.ebay.com/Wireless-I-R-Infrar ... 48378e3773" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I also bought Nvidia's 3D vision glasses, but they are useless until Nvidia ships me a VESA sync cable. The DVI/HDMI cable is also missing.
Jahun

Post by Jahun »

I soldered the cable myself too. But I could order the 3 pin DIN jack from our University supplier of electronics. From Farnell it was. I had troubles finding it on their website but the printed catalogue had it.
Nobsi
Cross Eyed!

Post by Nobsi »

Nobsi, could you please test the ghosting chart by WBloos found here:
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/7166/g ... 1050wb.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Which is discussed here:
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p ... 1&start=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It would be much appreciated! It gives a % amount for white and black ghosting that I could compare to mine.
Sorry for the delay, but here are my test results using the eDimensional glasses and IR transmitter:

LW 40%
LB 30%
RW 40%
RB 20%

These values look somehow bad, but again I have to say that the "felt" ghosting in games is very low and absolutely acceptable to me.
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

I use it in non checkerboard mode (so 1360*768 @ 60Hz flicker) because I don't have the VESA sync cable.
Get around 50% white and 2% black ghosting after adjusting to eliminate ghosting. Maybe checkerboard will change that?
shot through the left eye:
Great as a huge monitor (HotforWords from YouTube) :
It takes some getting use to comming from a 19" monitor... but I think monitors in the future will be this size.
I don't even know if I will buy the 22" Samsung. This is nice!

Return to “3D HDTVs”