Playstation The Official Magazine: Avatar Feature

Discuss stereoscopic 3D games and gaming technologies for console (e.g. XBOX, PS3)
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Playstation The Official Magazine: Avatar Feature

Post by cybereality »

PTOM_October_09.jpg
The October 2009 issue of Playstation The Official Magazine has an Avatar cover story! It features a number of screen shots from the PS3 version of the game and they look pretty good. There is a small side panel on one page dedicated to stereo 3d although it is pretty brief. The writer did seem genuinely impressed with the 3D demo Ubisoft gave him. There is also an exclusive 2 page interview with Cameron himself but there is not really any mind-blowing reveals. One interesting tidbit that was mentioned was that the online multiplayer mode of the game is *not* in stereo 3d. Too bad. Also, I am not going to scan this in so don't ask. Oh, and the magazine sucks. Don't buy it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Re: Playstation The Official Magazine: Avatar Feature

Post by martinlandau »

One interesting tidbit that was mentioned was that the online multiplayer mode of the game is *not* in stereo 3d.

Cyber is that only true of the playstation version of the game? Or the xbox and pc version too? They were using the xbox to demo the game at PAX and made no mention of this tidbit, only how adamant that Cameron wanted this to be the supreme S3D game experience to tie in with the movie and how they pulled out all the stops to do so. Visually the stereo3D was very impressive (perhaps it was that 102 inch screen) ;), if you liked far cry 2, you will really like the jungles of this game.
The futures so bright, I gotta wear shades!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDdI_sfNop8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Playstation The Official Magazine: Avatar Feature

Post by cybereality »

martinlandau wrote:Cyber is that only true of the playstation version of the game? Or the xbox and pc version too?
Well its Playstation magazine so I assume the PS3 version. However all things considered I imagine the same would go for Xbox360. The PC could surely handle it but its just about how much time they are dedicating to the PC version specifically and not just doing a quick port from the consoles.

Return to “3D Console Gaming”