NEWS : SAN ANDREAS WORKS!!!! Neil : does the iZ3d ghost?

Gerald
One Eyed Hopeful

NEWS : SAN ANDREAS WORKS!!!! Neil : does the iZ3d ghost?

Post by Gerald »

News : with the newest drivers, 94.24, and StereoTextureEnable = 1, GTA:San Andreas works!!!

This game is an incredible game to show off to your friends, because, while it does not have graphics as good as far cry, they all somehow like watching carjackings in 3d :P.

The only tweaking needed, now, is to enable stereo textures and to turn visual effects to "medium", which prevents CJ from having a doubled shadow.
Of course don't go crazy with convergence, because the camera goes indoors sometimes.

Light halos at night are drawn at screen depth, and still can't be disabled, but in the daytime the game is perfect, and still very playable at night. I just imagine there is a piece of glass between me and the game that the light halos are on.

Neil : my setup is a planar mirror, and the only issues I have with it is that there is still a slight amount of ghosting. Far, far less than with shutterglasses, but in a white:black transition, such as a headlight or flashlight there will be some ghost images. I am curious as to how well an iZ3d handles HARD scenes, like white : black. I'll send a screenshot if you need one to test.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

I don't have a review sample of the 22" monitor yet. I'm using the iZ3D 17" monitor, and when I tilt the monitor backwards, the ghosting is very minimal.

At first, I thought it needed a fancy color calibration, but I was completely wrong. Just a little tilt, and it does a great job.

Does it ghost? Speaking for the 17" monitor which is very, very different from the 22" model, there is some minor ghosting.

Here is an indepth review:

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=21256

This was done before I said I would not do hardware reviews on this site.

Send me a screenshot or two, and I can try it out for you. Again, the 17" model is based on old technology.

Regards,
Neil

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”