only anaglyph with Benq mp721 projector

rusty
One Eyed Hopeful

only anaglyph with Benq mp721 projector

Post by rusty »

In old control panel the only choice I can make is anaglyph (there is no other choice.Only with 93.71 I am able to chose shutter glasses and other things (I have e-dimensional).Mayby there is someone who had similar problem.Before that i played on CRT with 162.15 and 162.18 and it worked
P.S. 93.71 crashes to many times
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: only anaglyph with Benq mp721 projector

Post by Likay »

You need to do a "pin-mod" of the vga to remove the displayrecognizing thus enabling all other options.
Copy/pasta from http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1072" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Code: Select all

5. VERY IMPORTANT: The display mustn´t be recognized by the driver! To achieve this i put my revelator adapter between the port of the 8800gtx and the monitorcable OR remove Pin:

-\--- O O O O O---/
--\- O O O O O---/
---\- O O O O X-/

(turned it away with a screwdriver at my VGA cable, so i can bring it back in position if nescessary)
This applies for later stereobetas 162.15, 162.50 and maybe some earlier one.

Have you tried the 93.81 combo btw? It works way better than the 91.71 for me and a 7900gt. For older games i shift between the 91.31 combo and the 93.81.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
rusty
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by rusty »

Thank you,thank you,thank you very much-it has solved the problem!Now computer sees my projector as CRT and all possible viewing options are aviable in 162.50 and 162.15.So now IŁ2 strumovik which was halting computer every ctrl+T try is aviable-the only thing is I cannnot make my shutter glasses sync properly,I mean I have to wear them up side down to see 3d.I change glassesswitchdelay in registry over 30 and it works for every other title but not for this one-I suppose that's becouse it is an opengl game.Someone know the solution? (entering "alt =" or "alt -" combination during the game doesn't change a thing.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Hi what vid card are you using ?? You may suffer from parralex inversion and you wiull need this gizmo :

http://www.3dflightsim.com/product/product.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh I see it is for ONly il 2 you may be SOL with that title??

I ask what vid card you have as I use a DLP Projectorand did NOT do the pin trick and my vid card recognises the projector and I get all functions, not sure why you do not??
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

It does this with some specific hardwares using the later nvidiastereobetas. For example my iz3d and lcd-projectors are disabled for anything but anaglyph without pinmod while i can run them with all options by using dvi-to-tv-converters between the graphiccard and the displaydevice. I guess the boxes alters the hardware id thus enabling all the options. So simply: Stereo-3d with later stereobetas do work for some while it won't for others. It depends on the monitordevice and the good will of nvidia... The pinmod circumvents this.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
rusty
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by rusty »

OK guys,after a few tries I have all worked out by using ed activator.After entering game I enter alt +esc to go to Windows and then use page flip-stereo on/resync and then come back to game-work just fine.Other games work just fine.
rusty
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by rusty »

By the way-completly different question;dos anyone know if stereo nvidia drivers are compatybile with laptop grafic cards?I found somewere that if card has no M sing it does not diifer from desktop card and then it can work.Or mayby some tweaking in mobile drivers is possible?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

rusty wrote:By the way-completly different question;dos anyone know if stereo nvidia drivers are compatybile with laptop grafic cards?I found somewere that if card has no M sing it does not diifer from desktop card and then it can work.Or mayby some tweaking in mobile drivers is possible?
In general the answer is no, but I have heard of a couple of people that got it working (possibly with hacked drivers).
Grant S
Cross Eyed!

Post by Grant S »

Likay wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:31 am You need to do a "pin-mod" of the vga to remove the displayrecognizing thus enabling all other options.
Copy/pasta from http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1072" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Code: Select all

5. VERY IMPORTANT: The display mustn´t be recognized by the driver! To achieve this i put my revelator adapter between the port of the 8800gtx and the monitorcable OR remove Pin:

-\--- O O O O O---/
--\- O O O O O---/
---\- O O O O X-/

(turned it away with a screwdriver at my VGA cable, so i can bring it back in position if nescessary)
This applies for later stereobetas 162.15, 162.50 and maybe some earlier one.

Have you tried the 93.81 combo btw? It works way better than the 91.71 for me and a 7900gt. For older games i shift between the 91.31 combo and the 93.81.
I know this is an old thread that just got bumped, probably by a spammer, I'm not clicking on that link, but I should warn about the dangers of doing this mod. I did this mod several years ago to get my old P4 NV3D consumer driver working on my Viewsonic projector. It did and does indeed work however I lost use of the HDMI port on the projector. At first I thought it was just a coincidence, I RMA'd it at the time and the same exact thing happened to the second one. Any computer with any video card or DVD player plugged into the HDMI port of that projector will not display anything. For some reason if I plug in a few older game consoles that have HDMI, it will work. Not sure if it was an exclusive Viewsonic issue. I will not plug anything else into that pin modded adapter except that projector now. A cool mod that got me through several years, but at a cost.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Hmm, I did that pin mod without any issues on my Projector.
Did you remove a pin from the projector? The idea, is to remove a pin from the VGA cable, where it plugs into your GPU.

Weird that older consoles still work via HDMI. It almost sounds like it has something to due with "Analogue Sunset"
https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/new ... /index.htm

Note: The same thing can be done with an HDMI cable by either removing the signal pin or putting a thin piece of electrical tape over the display id pin.
Personally, I removed the pin on an old cable.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=224196
Grant S
Cross Eyed!

Post by Grant S »

I removed the pin from a DVI to VGA adapter that went to the old 7950gtx of that PC. Another oddity I didn't mention is. I can force it to see the HDMI on any PC by first plugging in VGA and HDMI, then removing the VGA, then HDMI is working until I try to use the GPU for anything including video files.

Not looking at getting it working at this point, that projector is only capable of 1280x1024 in 3D, so it's a great match for that old system but really curious to learn what happened I will check out "Analogue Sunset" thanks

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”