Coraline S-3D preview on YouTube!

Talk about the latest 3D movies in the theater and at home!
WheatstoneHolmes
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Coraline S-3D preview on YouTube!

Post by WheatstoneHolmes »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqQXCB-hFkw[/youtube]

Double-click to go to YouTube and choose your 3D viewing options.
I came here to chew bubblegum and to see 3D...and I'm all out of bubblegum!
-----------------------
Me on YouTube, you watch: http://www.youtube.com/user/WheatstoneHolmes
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Coraline S-3D preview on YouTube!

Post by cybereality »

That looks pretty good.
gicko
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by gicko »

this 3D demo is a complete failure!
the only 3d moments are when you see the hands coming out of the screen and when it shows the dessert.
the rest is without depth...(I TRIED CROSSED EYE VIEW)
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

I tend to agree. Watching crosseyed gives a very little experience of 3d. I tried anaglyph as well and then it was better. I believe the whole video is in stereo but the depth in most occasions is very little. At some points it more or less seems like the image simply is shifted to give a sense of depth.

This might be a way to achieve a more comfortable 3d-stereoexperience. The stereo is very relaxing when it works too.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

For the same amount of pixels of separation, a bigger screen (as long as it's not too big) gives more depth. Maybe this recording is supposed to be watched on a big screen and you are looking at it windowed in a very small size. Try to watch it fullscreen with methods other than crosseyes/parallel.
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

WheatstoneHolmes
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by WheatstoneHolmes »

Well this video is from underground3dmovies.com and was made to give an idea of how the de-anaglyphed DVD will look.
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

I watched Caraline (Magenta/Green) and was very disappointed with it. Some scenes have literally No 3D.
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

UndeadD3vi1 wrote:I watched Caraline (Magenta/Green) and was very disappointed with it. Some scenes have literally No 3D.
I saw it in the theater and really the movie was rather flat. There were a couple of shots with decent 3D, but most of the time you could have easily mistaken it for the 2D version. So in that respect, this is actually a great conversion, its just that the original movie wasn't that full of depth.
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by iondrive »

I liked this movie and wouldn't mind seeing it again someday. This preview works for me in interlaced mode with line-blanking on my CRT so I think that's something to be happy about. That's after I double-clicked and went to the second video page where I could select interlaced mode. From there I also saw yurithebest's video telling me I should not post 2d videos as 3d videos. It's nice to see what some of the MTBS3D posters look and sound like. I think it would be a bad movie if all the scenes had popout. The scenes that were the best for 3d was the tunnel between the two houses and the spiderweb scene at the end. That was the best. I saw this in green/magenta anaglyph since that was my only choice for home viewing. I'll try to convert it to frame-sequential someday unless they reissue it in a blue-ray 3d format. They probably will eventually.

A DirectX movie?
Regarding complaints of not enough popout, I think I would be willing to watch a movie on my computer that was like a DirectX cutscene. With those, you can adjust convergence and separation yourself to get as much popout as you want. I think that would be the best. It's just that it would require some kind of weird directX format. Please post if you know more about that.

This movie is for people who like stop-motion animation and I guess I'd give this movie a 7 out of 10 although it's been a while since I've seen it and my memory is a little foggy about it. I really should have written this back then. Oh well, I'm sure I was too busy with other things.

L8r,

--- iondrive ---
Jadentheman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Jadentheman »

I think it comes with the panasonic 3d kit as an exclusive soon
tinman437
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tinman437 »

if you listen to the director commentary on the field-sequential 3d-geek version, around the 17 minute mark, the director explains that the 'real world' scenes were purposely shot with muted depth so that when she entered the 'other world', the 3D would impress more, like how the wizard of oz went from b&w to color.

Return to “3D Movies (Blu-Ray and Theater)”