youtube3d on engadget... starring me :)

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

youtube3d on engadget... starring me :)

Post by yuriythebest »

http://www.engadget.com/2009/07/22/yout ... rld-of-3d/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So it seems that YouTube has been experimenting with offering 3D videos over the past few days, but we've held off on letting you know just to make sure this wasn't some sort of one-day lab test. As you can see in the video there in the read link, 3D videos that are uploaded can now be shown in a variety of formats in order to suit a variety of viewing styles. Believe it or not, this little addition just made YouTube the most pervasive and most useful outlet for bringing 3D content into the home, blazing right on past Panasonic and an entire consortium devoted to making said concept a reality. And with all these 3D cameras and camcorders making their way out onto the market, we're guessing this may up being more than just a fad. We will say, however, that watching the video (posted past the break) sans the appropriate glasses is murder on your brain. Engage at your own risk.

Once you've been shown on engadget, ahhh the l33tness :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

EDIT: btw notice that I'm wearing the iz3d glasses :)
Last edited by yuriythebest on Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: youtube3d on engadget... starring me :)

Post by Neil »

Someone is going to be a hit with the ladies. :mrgreen:

Regards,
Neil
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Hey Yuri Congratulations and I feel a part of this I too made a 3D Anaglyph Video of TAW and old DID F22 simulation.. which by the way gathered alot of hits clost to a thousand ;)

Congratulations and looking forward to future 3D Releases of the Show ;)

Just remember us when your Rich and Famous well you are almot already famous ;)
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Glad to see you finally got some credit where credit is due. Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame.
WheatstoneHolmes
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by WheatstoneHolmes »

Next you'll be on the "Tonight Show"! :D

This is a great step for S-3D, first YouTube's support, then Cnet's story and now Engadget!

It's nice that they show the 3D selections menu, too many people think of 3D as only red/cyan, here they can plainly see that there are many other ways to view.

Congrats!
I came here to chew bubblegum and to see 3D...and I'm all out of bubblegum!
-----------------------
Me on YouTube, you watch: http://www.youtube.com/user/WheatstoneHolmes
martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Post by martinlandau »

Neil wrote:Someone is going to be a hit with the ladies. :mrgreen:

Regards,
Neil
LOL! Don't be encouraging that Neil, did you ever see that movie with robert redford, The Natural, the last thing we need for one of our star s3d racehorses is too get tied up with silly shopping machine princess ;) Or as Spock would say, emotional cluster of confused conflicting logic.

Yuri remember the story I told you about my ukraine friend back in college, Be CAREFUL! ;) I feel so special, one of our own on making engadget. I don't buy for a second what they say about "waiting a few days" to release, Yuri beat them to the punch and showed them up!
The futures so bright, I gotta wear shades!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDdI_sfNop8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

This is awesome! BTW, the iZ3D website has seen a spike in traffic due to this. Thank you guys!!
zazoo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by zazoo »

Congratulations Yuri! :D
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Gratz Yuriy! Stay cool! 8)
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”