Peter Jackson Commits To Shoot All Films in 3D

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Peter Jackson Commits To Shoot All Films in 3D

Post by cybereality »

Recently, the 3ality Digital Systems CEO, Steve Schklair, had an interview with MarketSaw discussing the future of 3-D entertainment. In the interview, he revealed that Lord of the Rings director, Peter Jackson, has said “I’ll be making all my movies in 3D.” Apparently, 2-D is a thing of the past.
http://screencrave.com/2009-06-11/peter ... lms-in-3d/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ok, so we've got Dreamworks, PIXAR/Disney, James Cameron, George Lucus, probably Robert Rodriguez, maybe Spielberg, and now Peter Jackson. Who else do we need before 3D is officially big-time?
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Peter Jackson Commits To Shoot All Films in 3D

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

I thought we had Speilberg for sure?

I'm starting to like the looks of this, by 2020 3D at Cinema's should be standard (As in no more 2D Movies)
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Peter Jackson Commits To Shoot All Films in 3D

Post by Likay »

Yeah! The times have never been as fortunate for 3d as is now. There's both 3d-gaming as well as movies coming (hopefully movies on 3d-consumerlevel too).
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”