Is 2009 The Year 3D Finally Catches On Big?

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Is 2009 The Year 3D Finally Catches On Big?

Post by cybereality »

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... t=1&f=1008" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Its a short 4 minute segment on NPR that seems very positive about 3D. Its geared toward the layman, so it mostly covers things in a broad manner. Talks about mainly the movie pictures and popularity of recent films. One interesting tidbit I didn't hear before was that My Bloody Valentine 3D grossed sales 7 to 1 for 3D to 2D. 7 to 1, just wow!
jeremymcmurray
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Is 2009 The Year 3D Finally Catches On Big?

Post by jeremymcmurray »

Is 2009 The Year 3D Finally Catches On Big?.....God I hope so.

It would be really lucky for me since I just got into all this about 6-7 months ago. I watched My Bloody Valentine in converted S-3d and it was great. It's just awsome that 3D is outselling the 2d version. Has that ever happened before?
He that admits his own stupidity, is the only one on the true path to wisdom.
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

No, this year is just like last year. The steping stones into the complete 3D future.

By 2015 maybe "at most" all cinema's will have at least 1 3D screen and 25% of homes will have 3D capable screens.
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

DavidGhast
Banned

Post by DavidGhast »

no.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

DavidGhast wrote:no.
Well with that attitude its surely not gonna happen.

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”