Another death blow for PC gaming.

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Another death blow for PC gaming.

Post by Okta »

I am placing this here even though it is not s3d related as these forums have NO PC GAMING FORUM ONLY CONSOLE.

http://www.ecto-web.org/~spookcentral/s ... &pb=1#c419" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The PC version of Ghostbusters will be a cut down NON MULTIPLAYER version. Can you believe it? It seems that the lemming console industry is all that matters now so get ready for less and less PC developement including s3d.

I have a feeling that the next gen consoles will be the full benefactors of s3d and you can pretty much kiss the superior PC experience goodbye for the lowest common denominator console market.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Another death blow for PC gaming.

Post by cybereality »

OMG, a non-stereo related post! What do you work for Atari for something?
Okta

Post by Okta »

cybereality wrote:OMG, a non-stereo related post! What do you work for Atari for something?
Fail.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Post by cirk2 »

I heard the games is not so good...

I'm not realy sorry about it...

Besides: You're posting in the wrong section, this is not Stereoscopic 3D news...
Okta

Post by Okta »

Which section should i post PC game related news in? There is a consoles section, god knows why being that there is next to zero console relation to s3d, but no pc game section, unless i was selling the game then i could post it here http://mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=3658" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; 8)
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Just put it in stereoscopic 3D news and announcements. Just share some commentary as why you think it relates.

Regards,
Neil
snarfbot
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by snarfbot »

i understand why your upset.

i was also annoyed that they removed coop for the pc version, i was leaning towards buying this in spite of its mediocre reviews.

atari was bought out by infogrames a few months back, afterwards 20% of thier employees were layed off, thats a possible reason why the game is unfinished.

look at infogrames wiki page, theyve made some really horrible decisions over the years, buying companies for tons of money, sitting on their only profitable ip for a few years, just to sell it back or to a competitor for a loss etc.

also the game itself went through like 3 revisions i think, by separate developers, who lost the rights to the name, i remember reading about it in game informer like 2 years ago, and it was delayed even then because of copyright issues.

anyway the game was rushed rushed rushed, thats why it doesnt have multiplayer on the pc.

its doesnt really reflect on the pc game industry on the whole
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

I tried the Wii version of Ghostbuster. All I can say is that it's not very fun to play.
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

3dnewb
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3dnewb »

I have the PC version of Ghostbusters. It runs really well and is very fun. It doesn't work in 3d yet with my IZ3d monitor. Once it does, with the destructible enviroments and all, it should look amazing in 3-D.
Also, it is half th price of the Xbox 360 and PS3. $29.99! I think that is a fair price for it missing multiplayer.
The Wii/Ps2 are very diffrent from their Xbox 360/PS3/PC conterparts.

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”