Laser Projector delivers 3D images at 4K x 4K resolution

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Laser Projector delivers 3D images at 4K x 4K resolution

Post by cybereality »

High resolution production video projector, ESLP(TM) 8K, employs NanoPixel(TM) silicon imaging chip, with 8,192 microscopic moving ribbons, that provides images free of both artifacts and visible gaps between pixels. Zero-persistence characteristic enables effortless switching between left- and right-eye views at 120 Hz or more without any bleed. For switching between 2D and 3D images, included flexible control software can change display format from 3D to 8K x 4K as needed.
http://news.thomasnet.com/fullstory/561770" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jadentheman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Laser Projector delivers 3D images at 4K x 4K resolution

Post by Jadentheman »

Instead of doing 4K by 4K 3D why don't they work a little harder and develop 8Kx8K think how amazing that would be :woot
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

8K 120Hz, ouch, that would be a pain bandwidth wise and would remain in the dev lab for 20years. (People should really think of Moore's Law as a literal law instead of a observation)
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Jadentheman wrote:Instead of doing 4K by 4K 3D why don't they work a little harder and develop 8Kx8K think how amazing that would be :woot
Hey, as long as its larger than 1024x768, I'm happy. Not like I'll be able to afford it though.
martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Post by martinlandau »

It had nice rich colors when I demoed, I will admit. They had the underwater video and some egyptian themed pyramid video going. For 1K price range all the consumer level 3D projectors I saw were close enough I felt. You get into diminishing returns. I only had a limited time and wasn't as thorough as I would have liked, but I left with the impression the ghosting difference between this laser projector and the 1K priced consumer projectors was very minimal. I wish I could have spent more time seeing if I got a headache after extended use as I am very sensitive to this with CRT 3d shutter technology.

Now I just need more convincing why I should not get one of these 120hz dlp checkerboard projector solutions, the loss of resolution and lumens compared to 2 polarized projectors is the big drawback - but is it enough of a loss for the price, the more I think about it the more I feel I will probably go the 2 projector path.
The futures so bright, I gotta wear shades!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDdI_sfNop8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jeremymcmurray
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by jeremymcmurray »

To martinlandau

I have a dual projection set-up and I highly reccommend it. I bought two matching LCD projectors used off ebay, and only spent $430. If you hunt for a bargain they'll pop-up. But, maybe you could get a 3d compatible dlp projector, and if you don't like pagflipping, get another one like it down the line when you can afford another projector and have a dual setup.
He that admits his own stupidity, is the only one on the true path to wisdom.

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”