go3dtv - first 3d

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
staticbuddha
Cross Eyed!

go3dtv - first 3d

Post by staticbuddha »

I was searching the net and stumbled accross this website
The world's first Three Dimensional High Definition Channel.
http://www.go3dhd.tv/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- its not open yet, defo worth a keep an eye out though

Check out the whats on page when you do, its got loads of 3d movies from Imax to 3d dvds. Im guessing they will eventuuly charge but when they first go beta it will be free :)
Jadentheman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: go3dtv - first 3d

Post by Jadentheman »

:shutter :shutter :woot

Interesting! New 3-D real-D movies

I wonder how they're gonna do this. Definitly something to look for

Neil??!!!???
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

awesome! this is very good news. The list of movies they promised to show is amazing. I do hope they are actually going to show them and it's not just a general list of all 3d movies in existence that they are "capable" of showing. Also this website looks like it was designed by a 12 year old. Still, I'm cautiously optimistic.
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

That has got to be the most low-budget ghetto website design I have ever seen. Might as well be hosted on Geocities, all they are missing is the cheesy MIDI music. That said, it is still intriguing. If they manage to get rights to even half of those movies listed that would be something. Would be cool to have a real 3D channel.
WheatstoneHolmes
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by WheatstoneHolmes »

That really sounds amazing!

However, this doesn't bode well: http://www.go3dhd.tv/joinus.html
I came here to chew bubblegum and to see 3D...and I'm all out of bubblegum!
-----------------------
Me on YouTube, you watch: http://www.youtube.com/user/WheatstoneHolmes
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

WheatstoneHolmes wrote: However, this doesn't bode well: http://www.go3dhd.tv/joinus.html
You've got to wonder, what exactly do they even have then?
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

cybereality wrote:
WheatstoneHolmes wrote: However, this doesn't bode well: http://www.go3dhd.tv/joinus.html
You've got to wonder, what exactly do they even have then?

...optimizm and this amazing website? :) :shutter
jackezra
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: go3dtv - first 3d Channel

Post by jackezra »

Thank you gentlemen for your interest, comments & criticism about the up and coming go3dhd Channel. Yes, agreed, the web site is very basic.
Meanwhile lots of good stuff is shown on it’s sister Company’s web site at - 3dexperience.co.uk.
Please excuse the cloak & dagger but we are saying as little as possible at the present time as we have tracked 5 Companies world wide, so far, who are our competitors.
Each with their own strengths and ways of moving their own 3Dhd channel forward. We are aware of 2 who would dearly love any technological information as to how we are going to capture, air and view 3dhd at home.
Our manufacturing & broadcast partners have also asked for confidentially - hence there is no info available in that area as yet. Similarly, 2 sponsors have requested to remain secret until nearer a launch date. This will hopefully be around Christmas 2009 or early 2010.
Meanwhile I can say that designs and testing for our economical 3dhd home cinema system is undergoing patent protection at present, while 2 potential manufacturers are in discussions about producing this affordable 3dhd home cinema equipment.
Currently we have a few broadcast options, each, which could lose or make us millions of dollars, hence we are unable to discuss these details freely, here.
3DHD Camera technology is also in development. Again, 1 camera sponsor might be willing to name themselves soon. Development of 3DHD camera monitoring such as 3D CamBuddy is coming on nicely and 2 new models will be ready in a few weeks. One will display polarized 3D to the cameraman should he want it – this device will require patent protection.
About content, we are in discussions, with many studios and hope to air as much content as we are listing and our own production teams will produce new 3DHD shows on a regular basis.
Thanks again for your support and Yes, please keep a watch on go3dhd.
Yours sincerely, Jack Ezra. Managing Director of go3dhd & 3D Experience.
WheatstoneHolmes
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by WheatstoneHolmes »

If it turns out to work like Netflix "instant watch" movies I would gladly pay $9 a month for membership!

We S-3D fanatics have a huge content lack at the moment so if your site can deliver I'm sure we will be lined up to get in! :D
I came here to chew bubblegum and to see 3D...and I'm all out of bubblegum!
-----------------------
Me on YouTube, you watch: http://www.youtube.com/user/WheatstoneHolmes
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

hi jackezra! I as a user think it's indubitably brilliant that companies join these forum discussions and provide additional info- this makes MTBS a better place.
If it turns out to work like Netflix "instant watch" movies I would gladly pay $9 a month for membership!

We S-3D fanatics have a huge content lack at the moment so if your site can deliver I'm sure we will be lined up to get in! :D
I'm unsure how netflix works but an all you-can-download web-based membership approach would rule, as it would reach not just select US cities but the entire world- many english-speaking stereoscopers are based outside of the US.

EDIT: I remembered this is a channel and not a 3d movies shop, hmm yeah in that case might be trickier but some kind of web based approach with the ability to download content would be most welcome
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

I really don't think this is going to happen people. I saw how much money go3dtv want from Angel Investors!!!
They have NO CHANCE of securing that amount of money for a 3D TV Channel that very few can watch, nuff said.
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”