LG demos ultra-bright Full HD passive-polarized 3D monitor

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

LG demos ultra-bright Full HD passive-polarized 3D monitor

Post by yuriythebest »

http://www.engadget.com/2009/05/27/vide ... d-monitor/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.akihabaranews.com/en/news_de ... p?id=18182" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LG's certainly been known to dabble in the third-dimension, and while we're still waiting for it to ship those "one or two" 3D TVs this year, at least we're confident that it's getting closer. Over in South Korea, the company has showcased a new Full HD (1080p) 3D monitor with what it says is the highest brightness level of any competing panel. Sadly, viewers are still required to don glasses when ingesting the action, but this take on the tech enables said eyewear to be somewhat thinner and less cumbersome. Have a peek at the vid down in the read link.

nice to know LG is heading the passive-polarized route. dunno about there "ulrta-bright" claim- maybe that's when compared to shutters. the iz3d seems plenty bright :) It was also cool to see them using some kind of 3d hand gestures or something in the video. You know- there is little to go on but this product thus far impresses me.
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Kimber
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: LG demos ultra-bright Full HD passive-polarized 3D monitor

Post by Kimber »

That looks like a nice monitor. I was wondering about the hand gestures too. I don't know if they were giving commands or trying to touch the floating images.

I am guessing LG isn't going to be making 3D ready TV's this year like they said. With a 3D standard expected to come out next year I can't blame them.

Maybe I am wrong but to me it sounds like there is more to their S3DTV than they are saying, or they are claiming too much.

Also note in the background of the video is a wall of TV's with a 3D display label. Too bad their wasn't information about that also.
Last edited by Kimber on Wed May 27, 2009 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
DavidGhast
Banned

Post by DavidGhast »

LG also claimed to put out 26"+ 120hz monitors during NAB but they never did. I guess unless you live in japan you're only ever going to see established products from LG.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Looks cool, I want one.
Kenneth
Cross Eyed!

Post by Kenneth »

Cool

Hier ein Deutscher bericht
http://cgi.cnet.de/alpha/artikel/monito ... igkeit.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TV - Samsung 63" 3D Plasma (PS63c7790 GERMANY)
Monitor - 22" Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W
GPU - 470GTX Palit Own PCB / reference Clock
OS - Vista32
funkee
Cross Eyed!

Post by funkee »

DavidGhast wrote:LG also claimed to put out 26"+ 120hz monitors during NAB but they never did. I guess unless you live in japan you're only ever going to see established products from LG.
Remember all that this is LGD, not LG. This is the display company part, not the TV maker.
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

So from the description it's still time sequential based. It's a hybrid shutter system but which can be watched with passive glasses, similar to RealD projectors but from an LCD screen.
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
Jadentheman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Jadentheman »

Cool. I like those kind of systems. It lets people use the glasses from the theatre

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”