Redesigned PS3...!? New pictures inside! Hdmi 1.4 coming?

Discuss stereoscopic 3D games and gaming technologies for console (e.g. XBOX, PS3)
koshien
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Redesigned PS3...!? New pictures inside! Hdmi 1.4 coming?

Post by koshien »

Hi all!
Some months ago they told us we would have seen hdmi 1.4 by this summer 2009... now, there is this big E3 event coming and Sony needs the ps3 to be cheaper. It seems like they are ready for a 45 nm production process and they hurried to make a "slim ps3" that would cost them a little less.
If these rumours are true... will we see an hdmi 1.4 port integrated in this new ps3 for 3D blu-ray/games? What do you guys think?
I would have expected this new model to be shown next year, at E3 2010...but I guess they need to drop costs and price down now... it does make sense, but what about hdmi 1.4? It seems too early, but who knows :|

To me, all these images, don't look fake at all...

OllyLuck
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Redesigned PS3...!? New pictures inside! Hdmi 1.4 coming?

Post by OllyLuck »

Sorry buddy but it seems it was just hipe , heres a link for you.
http://www.ps3daily.co.uk/20090515/sony ... 3-rumours/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
koshien

Post by koshien »

Yeah, I know Sony denied all these rumours...but would they tell us otherwise? They still have the "old" ps3s to sell...

Also, about:
So there we have it folks, there is no PS3 Slim on it’s way, which makes sense. Sony has just reported its first loss in 14 years in tune to a net loss of $1 billion for its fiscal year, so it wouldn’t make sense for them to spend a whole heap of cash on a re-design of something that works perfectly well already, as the old saying goes “If it’s not broken, don’t fix it!”.
Psp is not broken either, but it seems like they are going to show a new one... they need a fresh appeal for both psp and ps3, something closer to the "touch generation" that has started with products such as Nintendo Ds, Wii and I-phone...
Plus, they need to cut costs to finally make a price-cut, and I guess this is a way to do it... they might spend some money now to do this re-design, but, doing so, they'll probably save a lot of money in the long run.
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

Sony are lossing money because the PS3 = 1 CPU!
It has 7 almost USELESS Co-Processors. The math instruction sets these co-processors can provide are very rarly used, let alone actually usefull in most games. Think of them like nVidia CUDA/ATi Steam (S/FPU's are good for video decoding/encoding, 3D rendering, physics and even WPA cracking but at the end of the day this means hardly anything to the games main code)

On top of this each Co-Processor's can not access the PS3's memory directly, this has resulted in many bandwidth issues on the bus.

This is harming multi-platform devolopment, dev's either go PS3 exclusive or sacrafice visual/physics detail on the PS3 version of the game. (Example: GTA IV runs at Standard Definition on a PS3, this is a proven fact despite the 720p quoted on the box! Yet the 'lesser' 360 manages to render the game at 720p) EDIT: Or they spend alot of time on the PS3 version, I guess this shows a decent devoloper but most in reality will not bother as the lesser version will sell just as well, especally if you wrap it up with lies and Post Processing to hide it (Example: GTA IV again...)
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

koshien

Post by koshien »

UndeadD3vi1 wrote: This is harming multi-platform devolopment, dev's either go PS3 exclusive or sacrafice visual/physics detail on the PS3 version of the game. (Example: GTA IV runs at Standard Definition on a PS3, this is a proven fact despite the 720p quoted on the box! Yet the 'lesser' 360 manages to render the game at 720p) EDIT: Or they spend alot of time on the PS3 version, I guess this shows a decent devoloper but most in reality will not bother as the lesser version will sell just as well, especally if you wrap it up with lies and Post Processing to hide it (Example: GTA IV again...)
The best solution is probably what they've done with Mirror's Edge or Burnout Paradise...work on the ps3 version first, and then port it on the xbox 360...and everybody is happy with not that much waste of time for developers I guess...

Return to “3D Console Gaming”