Star Trek Movie: SPOILER ALERT (What did you think)

Talk about everything off topic (EXCEPT POLITICS). Keep it fun!
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Star Trek Movie: SPOILER ALERT (What did you think)

Post by Neil »

Hi Guys!

Went to see the Star Trek movie today.

What did you guys think?

For me, it is as though my childhood has been slashed aside in favor of a plot line that can forget the past and get Uhura naked in the minds of millions (though I preferred 60's "Mirror Mirror" alternate universe Uhura - MEOW!).

Your thoughts?

Regards,
Neil
Neil

Re: Star Trek Movie: SPOILER ALERT (What did you think)

Post by Neil »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02LgdXVk ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards,
Neil
sharky

Post by sharky »

ehm....

you mean this movie?

Sorry couldnt resist... :D
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

android78
Certif-Eyable!

Post by android78 »

Well, Niel, you really are letting your true geek shine through now. I mean that in the most affectionate way possible, BTW.
I went to see it on the weekend at imax (not 3d unfortunately) and loved it. I can't claim to be a true star trek fan though. The story was complete and made sense, and had a bit of everything. Came out feeling quite satisfied.
RpM63
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by RpM63 »

Very cool photo, btw!

I haven't seen the movie yet in the theater (just the heavily cropped cam version floating around) but I have to say that I enjoyed it for the most part. I sensed elements of all the original character's personalities coming through in all of the new actors...especially McCoy and Spock. Being a big Trek fan all of my life made it easier to accept the new cast because of that.

The plot was passable although I hope the writers can come up with something more original next time instead of an evil villain out for revenge. Also, I'm still not sure how messing with the show's canon on things like Spock's mother dying and his relationship with Uhura sits with me yet. The movie was intended to alter the character's histories somewhat and his mother dying was a direct result of the time traveling villain's destruction of Vulcan but the plot didn't explain why he's hooked up with Uhura. Spock?...the naughty Starfleet instructor?...we'll have to see.

The original cast will always be closest to my heart but being such a Trek fan I'm always open to anything that the franchise has to offer. If it were up to me I'd have a series constantly running on TV and a motion picture every year...RpM

PS...And yes Neil, Uhura's getup in the alternate universe is as far as one needs to go to please a Trekker. Seven of Nine and T'Pol are easy enough on the eyes as well.
Dell 8100 P4 2.8GHz/Gainward Bliss 7800gs+ 512MB AGP/2-Maxtor 100GB Sata HDs/2GB PC800 RdRam/SoundBlaster Audigy2 ZX/Silencer410 (450W Peak) PSU/X3D LCD wireless glasses/Sony 24" GDM-FW900 CRT Monitor/NVIDIA 94.24 Forceware & 91.31 Stereo Drivers
Neil

Post by Neil »

I enjoyed the movie! Don't get me wrong.

It's just hard to stomach the idea that every Star Trek, TNG, DS9, and Voyager TV show and movie is now "it never happened". The only thing that IS left in tact is that horrible Enterprise show.

Regards,
Neil
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

I'm sure there are many exciting adventures to come
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC18698RcCU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Neil

Post by Neil »

Or this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve4PRaA5y48" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards,
Neil
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

Is this movie in 3D? I found a Red/Cyan version of the trailer on YouTube
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

Neil

Post by Neil »

Not that I know of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQcfz4gA ... PL&index=6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards,
Neil

Return to “General Discussion”