JVC 3D LCD

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
vrekks
Cross Eyed!

JVC 3D LCD

Post by vrekks »

http://techon.nikkeibp.co.jp/english/NE ... 14/168717/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Who has ever torn himself from the claw that encloses you when you drop a seed in a TV parlor? It grows you any shape it wishes! It is an environment as real as the world. It becomes and is the truth. Books can be beaten down with reason. But with all my knowledge and scepticism, I have never been able to argue with a one-hundred-piece symphony orchestra, full colour, three dimensions, and I being in and part of those incredible parlors."
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Re: JVC 3D LCD

Post by yuriythebest »

hmm interesting. read the article. my conclusion:

pros:
side by side, interlaced input- might work with iz3d drivers
circular polarization: can tilt head

cons:
unknown price
resolution halving like zalman
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 1140 »

The zalman also has a small vertical viewing angle, you need to keep your head at the exact right height, or you will see ghosting. Hopefully the JVC is better, when used for viewing with multiple viewers at the same time.
If every one needs to bend his knees (except Welder) or needs to stand on his toes, this is not so cool anymore.

Owning (ok at work) the zalman and a normal 46" JVC LCD at home, I am a bit jealous :)
---------------------------------
What a strange username..
1140 <=> ETA
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

a 46-inch three-dimensional (3D) liquid crystal display designed for business use.
Its too expensive.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

Okta wrote:
a 46-inch three-dimensional (3D) liquid crystal display designed for business use.
Its too expensive.

yeah, "business" use usually implies it has the cost of a car
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”