Virgin Media testing 3D, 200Mbps and 1080p

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Virgin Media testing 3D, 200Mbps and 1080p

Post by Silversurfer »

"Forget 101Mbps Internet service or even the 160Mbps available in on J:COM in Japan, Virgin Media is about to put a lucky few of its slick new modems to real work, testing 200Mbps internet, "full HD" broadband content (we take that to mean 1080p) and 3D. All delivered via DOCSIS 3.0, the downside is that at least for the next six months this pilot project will be extended only to about 100 "lead adopters" around Ashford, Kent for testing. We've heard all we need to get packed for a move, how about you?"

[Via Hexus - http://lifestyle.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=18302" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ]
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Virgin Media testing 3D, 200Mbps and 1080p

Post by yuriythebest »

can I haz??
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Silversurfer »

yuriythebest wrote:can I haz??
Me to, I live in Manchester in the North West of England & the triel is in Kent, South of England, so I'm out of luck for 6 months :cry:, if infact it's approved for national roll out. I've got every appendage crossed it's approved :woot
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

DavidGhast
Banned

Post by DavidGhast »

oh wow, 200Mbs of censored internet! Virgin is very progressive for voluntarily enforcing IWF's censorship lists.

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”