3D Vision and 7950 GT

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
staplerd
One Eyed Hopeful

3D Vision and 7950 GT

Post by staplerd »

Does anyone know if you can use a 7950 GT (or 7950 GT SLI) with the 3D vision or do you need to go out and buy an 8800 GT (min specs listed by Nvidia) or higher?

...or will it work but with poor performance. Basically: I still use my 22" CRT with two 7950 GTs in SLI but I would like to not have to spend the $$$$ and upgrade my video card as well? Does anyone know the answer to this?

Thanks.
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: 3D Vision and 7950 GT

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

Get X-Force 3D Glasses ($50) and use OLD -Yet surprisingly supports a ridiculously long list of devices unlike the new one *coughs*- nVidia Drivers (No SLi - XP Only) or iz3D Driver (SLI?).

The alternative is parting with lots of cash on GPU Upgrades + the nVidia Rip Off
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

staplerd
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by staplerd »

Yes, I currently have X-Force and E-Dim glasses (wired and wireless)...great fun but I am getting tired of all the experimenting to get 3D to work... so I was wondering if anyone has tried 3D Vision with a Geforce 7 Series?

Thanks ...
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

Can you expand upon what you mean by experimenting to get things to work?
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Post by martinlandau »

staplerd wrote:Yes, I currently have X-Force and E-Dim glasses (wired and wireless)...great fun but I am getting tired of all the experimenting to get 3D to work... so I was wondering if anyone has tried 3D Vision with a Geforce 7 Series?

Thanks ...
IZ3d has a driver you can download and test I believe, have you checked them out? They should work with your crt and 7 series card no?

Likay claims that if you have a 7 series card, and you use the 91.31 nvidia geforce drivers and the 91.31 or 162.50 nvidia stereo drivers you can use an IZ3d monitor and not have to use an old crt or shutter glasses. Look in the nvidia stereo drivers for an output option called NUEROK3D - that is the old name of IZ3D monitors. Likay claims this works with many old direct x games. Even the new nvidia 3d glasses suffer from ghosting, so why is the Iz3d monitor not an option? From everything I have read, the 3D vision drivers will never work on a 7 series or older card. So you are going to have to upgrade some hardware no matter what. Shutter glasses hurt my eyes more than the iz3d solution.
The futures so bright, I gotta wear shades!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDdI_sfNop8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

The best way to play older games in 3d is in fact using an old system with for example a gf7900, winxp and old-school nvidiadrivers (91.31 drivercombo and 162.50stereo/pinmod with 169.21 forceware or maybe even later for that matter). It's funny that the iz3d is supported in these old drivers but it makes way to play a lot of oldies in 3d as well! :D
For some reason opengl doesn't work but this seems to be with the Neurok option only. Dual vga and shutters works fine with at least doom3 and prey, maybe even quake4 but if i'm not mistaken i might had problems with quake4 and stereo.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
staplerd
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by staplerd »

All,

Thanks for the responses... here is what I have learned:
1. Installed Vista
2. Installed the Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
3. Started up the config wizard --- "Your Nvidia 7950 GT is not a 3D Vision Supported video card" (or something to that effect).

Conclusion: yes, you have to have an 8800 gt or higher.

Good news:
I just bought the IZ3D monitor (should arrive this week)! I do play a lot of old classic games with the shutter and 162.50 driver solution etc so it will be interesting to try the old driver setup on my XP with the IZ3D monitor. I will post my findings later. Thanks for the info. Cheers...

BTW: Did you guys know that you can run Project64 with shutter glasses and the old nv drivers? Nothing like playing mario 64 in 3D!!!
staplerd
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by staplerd »

Okta wrote:Can you expand upon what you mean by experimenting to get things to work?
Okta,

Getting my 7950 GT's to work in 3D with SLI, experimenting with new games (turning off HDR etc), having to create a 'water' texture for oblivion so that I can play it in 3DS (also fixing the fact that the sky z depth is backwards)... all that crazy stuff because we love gaming in "true" 3D :)
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

staplerd wrote:I just bought the IZ3D monitor (should arrive this week)! I do play a lot of old classic games with the shutter and 162.50 driver solution etc so it will be interesting to try the old driver setup on my XP with the IZ3D monitor. I will post my findings later. Thanks for the info. Cheers...
The iz3D driver is vastly superiour to the old-nVidia driver, i.e. Post Processing, HDR, etc is supported :) I don't see why you'd want to use the nVidia driver?

Someone is having issues with the Sky in Oblivion, would you mind posting on that thread? http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3384" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

UndeadD3vi1 wrote:
staplerd wrote:I just bought the IZ3D monitor (should arrive this week)! I do play a lot of old classic games with the shutter and 162.50 driver solution etc so it will be interesting to try the old driver setup on my XP with the IZ3D monitor. I will post my findings later. Thanks for the info. Cheers...
The iz3D driver is vastly superiour to the old-nVidia driver, i.e. Post Processing, HDR, etc is supported :) I don't see why you'd want to use the nVidia driver?

Someone is having issues with the Sky in Oblivion, would you mind posting on that thread? http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3384" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cause of the current synching issues?
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

:? Syncing issues? Why would anyone buy a iz3D monitor if there are syncing issues with the iz3D driver.

Have I missed something? I thought the only syncing issues are with Shutter Glasses with iz3D Driver.

yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

UndeadD3vi1 wrote::? Syncing issues? Why would anyone buy a iz3D monitor if there are syncing issues with the iz3D driver.

Have I missed something? I thought the only syncing issues are with Shutter Glasses with iz3D Driver.
sorry - didn't see the post where staplerd said he got himself an iz3d- thought he was just using his 22' CRT. Still, the reason that atm he wants to use the olskool drivers is to play older directx 7 games which the iz3d driver does not support (but on which the iz3d team is working atm).
staplerd
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by staplerd »

yuriythebest,

I didnt know IZ3D was working on DX7 support as well...that would be perfect and probably win over some more customers as well. I hope they do very well I would hate for Nvidia to be the only ones out there again with a good solution. (we all know how frustrating it was when they went silent in 2006 to secretly develop. lol)
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

staplerd wrote:yuriythebest,

I didnt know IZ3D was working on DX7 support as well...that would be perfect and probably win over some more customers as well. I hope they do very well I would hate for Nvidia to be the only ones out there again with a good solution. (we all know how frustrating it was when they went silent in 2006 to secretly develop. lol)
http://forum.iz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=9 ... light=plea" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

according to BlackQ
Next release we want to make 1.10 and 2.00 all together to give users chance to play both DX8,9 and DX10
so DirectX7 will come later, hopefully BlackQ will give more info

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”