First ever documentary in 3D

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

First ever documentary in 3D

Post by Freke1 »

"Oceans 3D"

"The 85-minute long docu-fiction is currently in post-production and completion is anticipated for this May in time for the Cannes Film Festival’s Annual Market. The film is the result of six years of production, 25 challenging expeditions and 200 hours of footage shot in 3D."

link: http://blog.digitalcontentproducer.com/ ... oceans-3d/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sidenote:
I'm a big fan of the "Three ocean 3D" DVD which I bought some time ago (when it was available).
Somehow underwater footage looks great in 3D.
There are some samples here: http://www.alice-dsl.net/oschind/museum/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I've been trying to contact Oliver Schindler who made this 40min diving 3D homevideo but no succes.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: First ever documentary in 3D

Post by cybereality »

I saw a film called Into The Deep years ago at IMAX3D and it is still one of the most impressive things I have ever saw in 3D or otherwise. Underwater 3D is very cool.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Great info! :woot
I'm a real fan of underwatermovies over all! In 3d everything reaches perfection!
Would love to get my hands on those as well!
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

am I the only one having issues with the "first ever" part of the statement? what about all of the stuff IMAX made? or is it "first ever" in some different aspect like first ever 3d documentary in the cannes festival?
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

Yes maybe it's not a first after all.
"The film is set to become the first ever documentary to be both filmed and released in Digital 3D"
I took that as 3D - guess it's not, Sry.
Hope it is not another 3D movie I can't buy :( I live 350 km from a 3D cinema.

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”